Question on 2 contracts, Same home resort, different Use Years?

AKNOTTS66

Mouseketeer
We just bought our first DVC contract Direct at Copper Creek! 100 points and a June Use Year. I was wondering though, if we buy a 50-75 point Copper Creek Resale Contract how important is use year? I we found one with an April Use year could we use them both for a June or July Trip 11 months out? How does that work?

If it is a different use year, to use the points together you will always either have to book it as a split stay (2 bookings) or you will have to transfer points from one to the other to use in combination. Transfer points will retain UY and home resort.

I would say it is important to keep UY the same if it is the same resort because you are highly likely to want to combine the points. If you do the split stays or point transfers 2 UYs require it makes booking at 11 months more difficult, as mentioned above.

I would say if you were buying a different Home Resort UY is less important if you plan on using one of the contracts at the respective home resort all the time. For instance I have 2 UYs one for CCV and one for VGC. The VGC points will never be used anywhere else and 7 month booking there is almost non-existent so I didn't care about UY.

Also June UY isn't scarce at CCV from tracking resales. I would just wait a bit to see if a June UY in the 50-75 point range pops up (I have seen some come up relatively recently for my October UY so they do happen). Just be aware small contracts always seem to go quick for almost all resorts so just sign up for the resale brokers apps or text message alerts as they are the fastest way to find out.

We have two use years. And other then some very rare 7 month point transfers and two travel insurance contracts it is just fine. However, we have separate resorts in the two use years. December use year has OKW and VGC. February use year has AKV and BCV.

I think that having two use years for the same resort would be more work and over the life of the contracts more bothersome then valuable. Wait for another resale contract in your current use year at CC is my advice.

Just to add, if you do transfer from one to the other, you can not book the transferred points online, or modify online any reservation with transferred
points. It requires a call to MS.

Depending on when you travel, waiting that hour can make a big difference. Two UYs is really like being two different owners.

Definitely only buy the same use year for the same home resort. It just creates unnecessary hassle to combine points thru transfers and split reservations.
Unless you never intend to combine points.

Even though you might save a few dollars per point on some deal with a different use year, that savings is dwarfed by your annual dues in the long term and isn’t worth the hassle in the long run.

Definitely only buy the same use year for the same home resort. It just creates unnecessary hassle to combine points thru transfers and split reservations.
Unless you never intend to combine points.

Even though you might save a few dollars per point on some deal with a different use year, that savings is dwarfed by your annual dues in the long term and isn’t worth the hassle in the long run.

I agree. I have 4 different UYs for our 4 different resorts. I don’t mix them. I cannot imagine having 2 different UYs for the same resort. Congrats on your purchase!

I’m going to have different use years for the same resort because April at SSR for under 100 is super hard to get. So we are going to book so many nights with one contract and then so many with the other and call to link or bank/borrow so we only use each contract every other year BUT we don’t have to worry about the 11 month window really. If we owned at CCV I would only do it with the same use year to make reserving a studio at 11 months more possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter