Question from Newbie about Banking

AEA1127

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I have what I hope is a easy question about making a new reservation. Member services is slammed and I just want to make sure I do this correctly, if anyone can help?

I'm looking to make a reservation for April into May 2021 with my 2019 points. I have enough points and when I go to make my reservation it says I can bank my 2019 points and make the reservation. This is what I want to do, correct? I feel like I'm over complicating this but I've only made one reservation before this and didn't have this option. I just want to make sure I don't do something that can't be undone.

Thank you SO much in advance!

What is your UY? That helps to ensure we give you the correct info.

Thank you @Sandisw

Dec UY! I know I have to bank by July 31, I just didn't know I'd have to bank to book if that makes sense.

So, you will need to bank the points to use them. That option will allow you to bank only what you need if you don’t want to do all of them,

Points must be in the correct status when you book to use them. Now, If you didn’t bank and made it with 2020 and then banked later, there is a way to reallocate,

But, much easier to do it when making the reservation if you know you want to use them.

Thank you! We do want to use them, even though some of the things currently happening are making us worry a bit about the experience. Trying to remember that we are not taking a once in a lifetime trip but even so, with small kids there are some challenges we're trying to work through.

If we book this trip and decided not to go or wanted to change dates after our July 31 banking window, what will happen?

Once the points are banked, they will be in your 2020 UY...that means they are now valid foe trips through November 30, 2021.

As long as you cancel or change that trip at least 31 days before it happens, those banked points will have no restrictions on them for booking,

Since banking is a final transaction, by banking them now to make the reservation, it means you won’t be able to book anything for the rest of this year through November 30th, 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter