Question for Wishes couples

twinkybel81

Mouseketeer
Did any of you book your wedding after the 12 month mark? (Like between 8-11 months out) If so, how successful were you at getting your first or second choices for both ceremony and reception venues?

Thank you in advance!

Not sure if you meant to put this in the trip report section, but you may get more feedback if you post this in the main Planning Board. ;)

We contacted Disney about the 11-month mark, and didn't get the Letter of Agreement signed until about 9-month mark. We didn't have any problem getting our first choices for everything. I think it helps that we're getting married on a Sunday evening and our going for more non-traditional locations though.

While we are having a Disneyland wedding, we didn't contact Disney until a little over 6 months out and didn't sign out letter until a little over 5 months out for a wishes wedding. We were able to get both the ceremony and reception location we wanted though. We are having a Sunday evening ceremony in December though. I think it all depends on the time of year, day of week, time of day, and what you consider your ideal locations for whether or not you will get your first choice venues.

What time of year are you thinking? Some months are busier than others at DFTW - I know May & October are their busiest months. The marathon weekend & Princess 1/2 Marathon also gum things up by taking away some times slots for ceremonies at some locations (namely the parks and Sea Breeze Point I believe). And of course, a Saturday is going to be far more popular than a weekday event.

I believe July & August are the least booked months.

Guess I should have included more info in my OP. Thanks to all who have responded so far.

We are looking to do a Wishes wedding on a weekday morning (likely a Tuesday) during the first full week of December 2015. Somewhere in Epcot for the ceremony and we haven't decided on the reception location yet,

Alyaki: I will go ahead and try cross-posting over there. Thanks for the suggestion. My thinking for putting it in the planning section was that it would reach more current brides. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter