question for those that stay 30+ days....newbie ?s

DisneyDoc5

Making memories...
Hi fellow Dis fans!

We are new motorcoach/rv/bus/rig (not sure what the appropriate term is) owners and are hoping to stay at the Fort for the month of March in a premium site, with a dog. Do you all recommend making a 31 day reservation, or two two-week reservations, or any tips here? I made a 31 day ressie for premium. If a sale comes out I was hoping to apply it, but I realize it wouldn't apply to the entire month.

And while I'm at it....I clicked the dog check box, 2 dogs. But if's there a specific location/loop you recommend for longer stays? We do not need to be buy a comfort station, no golf cart yet, but like walking, going to parks some, but not every day.

I would be so grateful for any advice! We are hoping to make new 50 something plus friends while we are there. Our baby, daughter, is going to University of Central Florida and we are lifetime Disney nerd fans, just new to the rv lifestyle.

Thank you so much, magical wishes,
Erin

FYI... It you find a discount for certain nights. You will most likely loss your res.
you can not 'hold' nights while you try splitting your trip up to apply a discount.

Last edited:
I would recommend 1100 loop, it’s a quieter loop. 1200 and 1300 are good too, 1100 is just a little quieter I think.

March is a spring break month, so there will be crowds at the Fort and in the parks.

Currently you can make a 27 day reservation, leave for 3 days and have another 27 days or a 30 day reservation then you have to leave for 30 days before another reservation. Apparently Disney doesn't care for snowbirds now that they don't need them!

Since you have 2 dogs and a Premium site reserved, 500 loop is a Premie and across the road from the dog park which you might find convenient.

Bama Ed

i had jan booked for 25 days, 3days off site, return feb for 30 days all booked on the site, they called the next day and told me I needed 27 days off site and had me cancel jan reservation. I booked Margaritaville for january and santa rosa for March, I guess 3 months in florida makes me a snowbird!

As a long time fort fan I'm surprised that I first saw this today. To all the old timers and those in the know I have 2 questions anyone remember "The Northern Pioneers" Also guess Hilda had to break camp after many years.

Hi fellow Dis fans!

We are new motorcoach/rv/bus/rig (not sure what the appropriate term is) owners and are hoping to stay at the Fort for the month of March in a premium site, with a dog. Do you all recommend making a 31 day reservation, or two two-week reservations, or any tips here? I made a 31 day ressie for premium. If a sale comes out I was hoping to apply it, but I realize it wouldn't apply to the entire month.

And while I'm at it....I clicked the dog check box, 2 dogs. But if's there a specific location/loop you recommend for longer stays? We do not need to be buy a comfort station, no golf cart yet, but like walking, going to parks some, but not every day.

I would be so grateful for any advice! We are hoping to make new 50 something plus friends while we are there. Our baby, daughter, is going to University of Central Florida and we are lifetime Disney nerd fans, just new to the rv lifestyle.

Thank you so much, magical wishes,
Erin

The correct term would be 'FAT CATS'. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter