Question for previous cruisers

lzj21428

DIS Veteran
While onboard the 4/13 Wonder, each night in our stateroom were little treats from "In Stateroom Dining" On Nassau night they had a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, brownies and some fancy cookies. It came with a card, saying they hoped we had had a wonderful day in Nassau. The next night was a plate of wonderful, delicious fruits, with a note telling us we had been selected as Magical guests ( or something to that affect) and hoping that we felt special. The last night was a phone call asking how we enjoyed all the treats and did it make us feel special. Also, everytime we ordered room service, they would call and ask us how the food was.

We were on deck 7, cat. 5 room (2 connecting rooms), 7580/7582.
Does anyone know what this was all about? Is this common?

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed it immensely, but was curious as to what the meaning of it was.

Nina

we must have been the "unmagical" guests! ;) j/k !!:jester:
We were on the same cruise and didn't receive anything out of the ordinary. Did you order often from in-stateroom dining? Maybe that's why you were selected? :confused: No matter how you were chosen, how wonderful for your family!!:Pinkbounc

What a wonderful experience the cruise was!! Hope you enjoyed it at much as we did!

we enjoyed it immensely, but was curious as to what the meaning of it was.

Interesting how suspicious we become when treated above our expectations...

We were once booked in an inside stateroom on the Wonder and when we checked in found out we had been upgraded to a Verandah room. When we entered the room there was a bottle of champagne chilling and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. A note said...happy 20th anniversary from DCL!!! We were both shocked and elated and enjoyed every last bit of the goodies and enjoyed the verandah as well!!!

Don't look a gift basket in the mouth!!! I have heard that Disney does pick a "Magical Family" on every cruise and bestowes some gifts on them...I guess you were lucky enough to be picked. I think it is totally random....maybe you should play the lottery this week and hopefully keep your lucky streak going!!!

MJ

It will be our 15-year anniversary and DH's 40th birthday on our cruise this June. What do you think DCL will have in store for us / him?

It will be our 15-year anniversary and DH's 40th birthday on our cruise this June. What do you think DCL will have in store for us / him?

Nothing - UNLESS you let them know...

Exactly....we had it noted on our ressie that it was our anniversary, but never expected what we got. You are probably better off not expecting anything because I know they don't send goodies to the room automatically for every celebration.....this way you won't be disappointed if they don't.

I think we were just lucky or something.

MJ

Yeah not to sound cynical here but...
Cruise number one for us.. Our tenth anniversary - gift from Disney the standard cake at dinner. Nice but nothing I did not expect.
Cruise number two- eight months later. My 40th birthday. Gift from Disney-standard cake at dinner.
Cruise number three one year later. My 41st birthday. Gift from Disney-standard cake at dinner.. (see a pattern yet?)
Cruise number four Dec. 2003 My 42nd (oh my already?-yikes!!) anticipated gift from Disney-standard cake at dinner.

Never had an upgrade, will probably never get one (hense why I pay for my own veranda)
The cakes are tasty and a nice touch but if you think you are going to get something magical because it is your birthday or anniversary or you are a repeat cruiser I think you will come away quite dissapointed.

how true BD,. but the alternative is so much worse...
either NOT cruising or...
NOT getting any older..
I am certainly not ready to take any dirt naps yet so....

BRING ON THE STANDARD CAKE!
hb2.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter