Question For Fixed Week Owners

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
Hoping some fixed week owners can chime in. How long can I wait until converting my week into points? My UY is September but my fixed week is in December. Do I have to convert before that week at 11 months out? Could I wait until say January to see if any December weeks open up before using the fixed week? One reason I ask is I have leftover 2018 points I may want to bank forward and use in a 2019 reservation.
TIA!!

I usually convert shortly after the fixed week reservation shows up (got the fixed week as part of a resale). I suppose you could wait until 31 days before the fixed week reservation.

I usually convert shortly after the fixed week reservation shows up (got the fixed week as part of a resale). I suppose you could wait until 31 days before the fixed week reservation.
Ok so I can wait a few months past after the fixed week shows up. That is good to know. And congrats on your fixed week!

Of course, you should check with MS, but I don't think there is any time limit to "convert" a fixed week. You are really just cancelling a reservation. You should be able to cancel your fixed week reservation at any time, subject to the usual cancellation rules, and get the full points returned to your account (including the 10% premium). Of course, once you do that, you lose the ability to get the fixed reservation back and you are subject to availability and all the other booking/banking/borrowing/transfer rules for the returned points.

Of course, you should check with MS, but I don't think there is any time limit to "convert" a fixed week. You are really just cancelling a reservation. You should be able to cancel your fixed week reservation at any time, subject to the usual cancellation rules, and get the full points returned to your account (including the 10% premium). Of course, once you do that, you lose the ability to get the fixed reservation back and you are subject to availability and all the other booking/banking/borrowing/transfer rules for the returned points.
Thank you!

I agree with CarolMN the points from a fixed/guaranteed week are treated just like other points. If you opt out within 30 days of your fixed week reservation date, the points can go into holding. You are also restricted to the banking and borrowing rules based on your use year. So if you want to bank the fixed/guaranteed week points, make sure to opt out before the banking deadline for your use year.

What is a fixed week owner? Never heard of that.
DVC started selling fixed weeks with Aulani and others after. They take an average of that week's points and then tack on, like, 10% extra that you buy for the week. It guarantees that week but you can also opt out and use all the points as regular points. So you pay for 10% more points to guarantee that week which is not bad for certain high demand weeks and also studios (also high demand). Also...it's a Sunday to Sunday week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter