• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for First time ever visit

kay_key3

Mouseketeer
This will be my family's first time ever going to WDW. My question is about park hopper and check in. My daughter is going during the Cheer Comp. in March.

We bought the 3 day park hopper for the weekend, but we are going to check in the day before. Do we have to pay to get into the park, where our hotel is, or will we have to buy a 4 day park hopper when we will not be arriving until the eve before our 3 day park hopper? :grouphug:

You will need to pay for an extra day if you want to go to any of the parks the day you check in. There is plenty ot do without going to the parks that first day. Hop on a bus and just explore, you can't get lost. Explore some of the other hotels, Downtown Disney and my favorite the camp groung.
enjoy

We were plannin on going to Gator Land the day we arrive. I was wondering about paying since we are staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown Disney.

We were going to check in around 8:00 or so but did not want to pay to get into the World just to get to our hotel.

You do not have to pay to get to your hotel in DTD. In fact, unless you go to pleasure island you can leave your hotel and go over to the shops at DTD when you get there. There is no ticket required for this. There is a McDonalds there, World of Disney etc. The only things you pay for is the Pleasure Island area (Disney Quest, movies etc). No need to buy a pass just to get to your hotel. In fact, I think it would be a good start to go get some shopping out of the way, the better shopping in my opinion is in DTD.
HTH! Have fun!

Unless you are going to the Four major parks MK, MGM, Epcot or AK you won't be using a day of your hopper. If you are just checking into your hotel and then going to Gator Land you will have no need to use your disney tickets.

I *think* that answers your question, if not ask again :)

I had hoped that I could still get to the hotel without an extra ticket day. Thats great. This will be my and my childrens first trip and the first time my kids have been in FL.
My five year old is so excited, which makes it better for me, since I am a penny pincher to the extreme.

Hi

Hope you have a great time! We lived in the KY the first time we went to Disney. We made the mistake of going in July! It was so bad we left after 2 days and went to the beach. :flower: But I am new to the boards too I just registered a few minutes ago myself. What part of Ky are you from?

Sadie

I am from Estill County. We are going for the cheer comp in March, but my 5 year old is just tickled pink. We have raised money for the girls to go, and still are of course, and here at home we started a money jar months ago.

I hope the money in the money jar will provide food for us while we are there. We would not normally go due to the cost of this compared to other places, but we are a part of the cheerleading squad that is going, so I try to keep the money descent.

We are buying park hoppers this month for a good price though and I only hope and pray it will be worth my time and money. I work, have a family and go to college full time, so I am a little low on the funds when it comes to a large vaction like this. Plus I am the biggest miser for money around these parts.lol

I hope everything turns out okay. We lived in Casey Co. which is just north of Somerset. March will be here very soon. Good luck in the competetion. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter