Question for anyone there today concerning Toy Story Mania

MICKEYFIL

Mouseketeer
I am heading down tomorrow and I have become concerned about the construction around California Screamin'. I know the roller coaster is shut down but I see today on the app that Toy Story Mania and the carousel seems to be closed. Is this temporary or are they shutting those down too?

I am heading down tomorrow and I have become concerned about the construction around California Screamin'. I know the roller coaster is shut down but I see today on the app that Toy Story Mania and the carousel seems to be closed. Is this temporary or are they shutting those down too?
There is probably just a maintenance issue. The app says "temporarily closed", so I would expect them to reopen later today if they can get working again.

The carousel will probably close later in the spring on to retheme it for Pixar, but no dates are set. I don't believe Toy Story Mania is expected to close at all.

There is probably just a maintenance issue. The app says "temporarily closed", so I would expect them to reopen later today if they can get working again.

The carousel will probably close later in the spring on to retheme it for Pixar, but no dates are set. I don't believe Toy Story Mania is expected to close at all.

I didn't expect it to close but I was concerned given all the construction of walls and such that maybe it was shut shortly for some type of construction. I have a bet with someone and it will be settled in the Mania.

I didn't expect it to close but I was concerned given all the construction of walls and such that maybe it was shut shortly for some type of construction. I have a bet with someone and it will be settled in the Mania.
Haha-good luck! Looks like both are back up now.

Get your shooting pull in order and good luck on the challenge.

I am so glad there are no plans for this ride to close atm because its one of our favourtie rides ......l.

We were at DCA at park opening on Tuesday. TSMM was temporarily closed (along with KTC, SSS, JJ, LM, LRR, and MI - seriously, with the planned closures - less than half the park was open). I watched the app, and we headed over when it opened about a half hour in. We stopped at the restroom over there before getting in line and noticed that they closed the line off again after we were in line. The ride wasn't broken down. When we got off, I noticed the carousel was not running and when we left the area, they had CMs blocking off access to the pier again. We speculated that they were closing off the pier not due to TSMM being down, but due to something that was going on with construction that may have been hazardous to guests in the area.

We were at DCA at park opening on Tuesday. TSMM was temporarily closed (along with KTC, SSS, JJ, LM, LRR, and MI - seriously, with the planned closures - less than half the park was open). I watched the app, and we headed over when it opened about a half hour in. We stopped at the restroom over there before getting in line and noticed that they closed the line off again after we were in line. The ride wasn't broken down. When we got off, I noticed the carousel was not running and when we left the area, they had CMs blocking off access to the pier again. We speculated that they were closing off the pier not due to TSMM being down, but due to something that was going on with construction that may have been hazardous to guests in the area.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with occupancy in the reduced area and fire marshal regulations for safety reasons

Rode it yesterday. Multiple times. Fast passes were still available at 6pm. Standby often was about 15 minutes—it was posted as longer. Fabulous day in the park.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with occupancy in the reduced area and fire marshal regulations for safety reasons
Line said 35 minutes (and was probably accurate, though I didn't time it) when we hopped in. I haven't been watching the app - have they not been letting the line get longer than half an hour without closing the ride?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!