Question.......ECV Rentals at he parks

ratdog9

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience renting an ECV at the parks? I was considering it but got nervous when I read they may run out and then I'd be stuck without one. I don't really need one all the time (like at the resort) but mostly during our visit at the parks.

Thanks

Yes, I’ve rented an ECV at the parks on 3 separate days (all in one trip). All times were late morning, yet there were plenty of ECVs available. It was during the F&W festival and on two days I rented in Epcot. However I rented at the IG entrance so maybe that location has more availability than at the front of the park. The biggest reason why I don’t rent in the parks anymore is that it cost me as much to rent for those 3 days in-park as if I’d rented for the whole 5 days from an off-site vendor.

If you get there in the morning they generally will have enough available. Arriving in the afternoon, which obviously includes park hopping in the afternoon, can be a different story. Sometimes you’ll have to wait for one to be turned in and/or recharged. The last time I had to wait on one it took about 45 minutes. That was partly due to someone else ahead of me on the waiting list.

However I rented at the IG entrance so maybe that location has more availability than at the front of the park
Just general information, there aren't nearly as many ECVs/wheelchairs at the IG as at the main rental location. There just aren't nearly as many guests renting at that entrance. The IG stock comes from the main location. Ditto for strollers.

In previous visits I've relied on the EVC in the parks. One after noon we went to MK. There were none available, I was put on a waiting list. When one became available, about 3 hours later, we were at the back of the park & had to walk all the way back up front. I'm renting outside the park this time for a week. WAY cheaper too!

If you get to the parks early morning there shouldn't be a problem getting a scooter.

Of course, peak times like holidays and spring breaks can be tougher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!