• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about when would be better to go to DL

vegasbride

Earning My Ears
Hi,
My husband and I want to take our kids to DL before he heads overseas for a year. Unfortunately the only dates that we could do it would be Dec. 26th - 28th or Jan 2nd - 4th. Does anyone know which would be the better time to go. And also, how busy is it right after Christmas. I have thought about waiting until early spring to take them, but I really want thier dad to be with us. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Typically, the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest of the year, but crowds typically drop off dramatically after the first. There's no question that 12/26-12/28 will be extremely crowded. I would expect crowds to drop off quite a bit on 1/2, however probably not as much as most years. The holiday decorations will start coming down early in the year, but if you go 1/2-1/4 you'll still be able to catch a little of the holiday magic without as heavy of crowds as before New Years. Crowds will be heavy in spring as well. I'd go for 1/2-1/4 if I were you.

I agree with going on the later dates. The closest we've gone to DL near Christmas was New Year's Eve, and even though the midnight fireworks were spectacular, the crowds were a living nightmare. Jan. 2-4 is all weekdays, so it should hardly be busy at all. Hope you have fun which ever days you choose to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter