• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question About Walker Storage, When Renting ECV/Wheelchair

GroovyWheeler

Earning My Ears
I was wondering about something just now. If I don't get to take a folding power chair next year, I'm thinking about bringing my Kaye reverse walker, and having my mom rent an ECV/wheelchair for me, there. Even though I'm worried about my special seating needs, I've figured out that if I bring my special cushion that I have in my power chair, along with one of those "positioning pillows", I'd be OK.

My question is, where in the rental place, would the walker be stored so that it would be easy to get, once the wheelchair/ECV is returned? I've taken my walker once to Disney World, the same time I took my manual wheelchair, once. But, I never took it to the parks, since we used my manual wheelchair for that. Traveling with both my walker and manual wheelchair, is hard on my mom, because my walker is HUGE when folded, and takes up a lot of room in the trunk of a car. It's one of those "adolescent-models" of the Kaye walker line, and not only is it HUGE, but with the fold-down seat that came with it (which is the thing that makes it heavy), plus my walker bag that is attached on the back, it can be very heavy to lift.

Thanks, Samantha :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I have heard of the on-property rental locations storing a personal wheelchair when a person rents an ECV. I just called Stroller Rental at Epcot (EMH tonight) and was told it was no problem, they would mark it with the person's name and keep it backstage for them.

You have to be 18 or older to rent an ECV from either Disney or one of the off-site companies. You could consider renting an ECV.

However, since you normally use a power chair, you might look into rental of a power chair. You would need to know the model you use and the settings, or be able to provide contact information for your current suppier to the Orlando renntal company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter