Question about using Disney GC to pay for purchases in Disney

You can't actually "Put in on" your account. What you have to do is charge purchases back to the room and then go down to the desk periodically and pay them with the gift cards.

You can't actually "Put in on" your account. What you have to do is charge purchases back to the room and then go down to the desk periodically and pay them with the gift cards.
Or cut out the extra step and use the gift card to pay when you purchase.

Or cut out the extra step and use the gift card to pay when you purchase.

Of course that works too, but since the OP specifically asked about the using them on their account at the hotel, I answered with how they could use them that way.

We do this every trip. Charge back to the room and pay off with our Disney gift cards. We do this daily to keep within our budget. Remember to pay up any room charges before bed your last night, because any balance left will be charged against the credit card on record (sometime in the middle of the night). At least this is what we have been advised.

We do this every trip. Charge back to the room and pay off with our Disney gift cards. We do this daily to keep within our budget. Remember to pay up any room charges before bed your last night, because any balance left will be charged against the credit card on record (sometime in the middle of the night). At least this is what we have been advised.
Exactly this. We pay off daily or every other day with gift cards.

So, we can charge to the room and pay daily with our gift cards at the front desk. So how do I keep them from charging my credit card? We purchased both disney gift cards and American Express gift cards. I don't want my personal account to get messed up. For those who have done it this way have you ever had any issues. TIA

So, we can charge to the room and pay daily with our gift cards at the front desk. So how do I keep them from charging my credit card? We purchased both disney gift cards and American Express gift cards. I don't want my personal account to get messed up. For those who have done it this way have you ever had any issues. TIA

In order to charge back to the room, you must have a credit or debit card on file. The day you arrive, Disney will put a $100 hold (pending charge) on that card/account.

You charge to the room with your magic band throughout the day. On your way back to your room every night, you stop at the front desk and pay your balance (which you can track in the MDE app).

A few days after checkout, the $100 pending charge will just drop off.
If you do not pay the balance every night, an additional pending charge will be added to you card/bank account in the amount of your charges, so make sure you stop in every night if you do not want that to happen.

In order to charge back to the room, you must have a credit or debit card on file. The day you arrive, Disney will put a $100 hold (pending charge) on that card/account.

You charge to the room with your magic band throughout the day. On your way back to your room every night, you stop at the front desk and pay your balance (which you can track in the MDE app).

A few days after checkout, the $100 pending charge will just drop off.
If you do not pay the balance every night, an additional pending charge will be added to you card/bank account in the amount of your charges, so make sure you stop in every night if you do not want that to happen.
Ok, thank you!

Am I able to use a Disney gift card over the phone to pay the balance for my room and park tickets? Can I use the gift card to purchase the Christmas party tickets?

You can use Disney gift cards for resort reservations, tickets, tours, dining. Almost anything you can think of. Including leaving tips for dining. You will want to have some cash on hand for tipping housekeeping, bell services and a few of the vendors (usually selling toys during parades).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter