Question about the DAS

momto3jboys

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we successfully used the DAS Thanksgiving week but ran into a lot of inconsistencies with it. For example, there were times when the wait times were 15 minutes and we were waved into the FP line without anything being written on the DAS and then others when they would write on the DAS the current time and then send us into the FP line. We also ran into where a ride had the same 15 minute wait but they would write a return time of 5-10 minutes. It all worked out but this time I will be alone with my son and wanted to see if the CM's were being more consistent with what they were doing so I can prepare him for what the wait will be. He does really well when he knows what's going to happen but even being put on a ride faster than he expected can upset him because he is a strict rule follower!

Thanks for any updates on what you've experienced.

I have a strict rule follower too. The hardest thing is for her to be flexible when flexibility is concerned. We just recently returned from DLR with a very successful experience with the DAS.

Here are a few things that made our trip successful: 1. She went through Disney online and wrote down a list of things she wanted to do. 2. She read and we discussed the DAS prior to our going. We had discussions to the effect that yes, it is different than she is used to, but, we were going to make it work. We also talked about how sometimes we needed to be flexible, but, we would try very hard to accomplish the things on her list. 3. I also made the rule that we would not get a return time for anything less than 20 minutes.

Once we got to DLR, we would decide what attraction to go on, get a return time, etc. We utilized FP a couple of times, but, mainly relied on the DAS. My DD loved finding out how long the wait time was for several attractions and then coming up with a game plan. The important part, if a CM directed her differently than what she had in mind or that was inconsistent with what she had previously experienced, I would just stop and acknowledge that yes, it is different and I understood her frustration, but, that she needed to be flexible.

My rule follower does well when she has the information.

I agree that there seemed to be some inconsistenies in what was happening, but, I do believe that there are probably less inconsistenies than you experienced during Thanksgiving. I think they are tweaking things after they saw how things were really working - at least that is what I was told at GR in DL.

I have a strict rule follower too. The hardest thing is for her to be flexible when flexibility is concerned. We just recently returned from DLR with a very successful experience with the DAS.

Here are a few things that made our trip successful: 1. She went through Disney online and wrote down a list of things she wanted to do. 2. She read and we discussed the DAS prior to our going. We had discussions to the effect that yes, it is different than she is used to, but, we were going to make it work. We also talked about how sometimes we needed to be flexible, but, we would try very hard to accomplish the things on her list. 3. I also made the rule that we would not get a return time for anything less than 20 minutes.

Once we got to DLR, we would decide what attraction to go on, get a return time, etc. We utilized FP a couple of times, but, mainly relied on the DAS. My DD loved finding out how long the wait time was for several attractions and then coming up with a game plan. The important part, if a CM directed her differently than what she had in mind or that was inconsistent with what she had previously experienced, I would just stop and acknowledge that yes, it is different and I understood her frustration, but, that she needed to be flexible.

My rule follower does well when she has the information.

I agree that there seemed to be some inconsistenies in what was happening, but, I do believe that there are probably less inconsistenies than you experienced during Thanksgiving. I think they are tweaking things after they saw how things were really working - at least that is what I was told at GR in DL.

Thank you 2tinkerbell for the great advice! I love the idea of having him help with the planning. This is our first time using FP+ so that will already be 3 rides that are scheduled so that will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter