Question about SWA seating

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
my husband and I are considering purchasing airline tickets from SWA. I see that you cannot pick your seating assignments and we have 2 children 4 adn 7. Will SWA make sure that the children are sitting with one of us. This has got me worried. TYA

... at least one adult and the little one. The FA's frown on seat-saving, but if you tell them you are saving them for children, most people will let it slide because they don't want to sit next to a child.

Be aware that the most prized seats are the aisle seats, your will find that people flying alone want those aisle seats. SW saves space by putting some seats backwards, facing the row behind. These are great for families, but be aware that the seats against the bulkhead do not recline.

Southwest has preboarding for anyone with small children or a medical condition which requires special treatment. Otherwise it's first come first served. They do try to accomodate you. I have a 14yo DD who is a VERY nervous flier and they usually let us board with the families with little ones. If you volunteer to be one of the passengers they "randomly" search you may also get to board early. If none of this works for you, get to the airport early and be one of the first in the check in line. Get in line around 1 hour 30 minutes before your flight time. They begin check in 1 hour before flight time. Each ticketed passenger will be given a numbered boarding card along with their pass If you get in the first group of 30 you won't have any problems getting seats together. At any rate, I can't imagine anyone mean-spirited enough to separate young children from their mother!

Since you have a child under 5, the entire family will be allowed to pre-board. You shouldn't have any problems with seating.

Thank you for everyone who responded. I think i just wanted to be reassured. I have only flew one other time and was able to choose my seats through us air so was new to this no assigned seating.

We have flown SWA many times, even since our youngest broke the 5yo mark. We have never been seperated, other than the fact that only 3 in a row...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter