QUESTION ABOUT RENTING

Disney*All-Stars*

Proud Military Mom!
I need extra points and need to add dates to my DVC reservation but need more points. If I was to rent, do I get the same treatment as a DVC member?

That depends on what you mean.

If you rent, then you get the room, magic bands and FP+ just like everyone else. If you ask if you get discounts etc then no thats only for qualifying DVC members.

You also won't have control of the rented reservation even if you are a DVC member. Points transfer is an exception.

I need extra points and need to add dates to my DVC reservation but need more points. If I was to rent, do I get the same treatment as a DVC member?
When a member rents to someone, they are supposed to advise MS that they are renting that reservation. According to the DVC website, a guest of the DVC member can take advantage of "all or some" DVC privileges and benefits of membership but a renter cannot. Of course, as a member you are still entitled to all of the non-resort perks (dining discounts, discounted APs, etc.). And as a guest at a Disney Resort, you are entitled to all of the benefits of being an onsite guest (EMH, MBs, DME, FP+ at 60 days and ADRs at 180+10) So, I don't know what "resort" benefits would be extended or denied to you, especially since the clause cited below specifically refers to non-Club Members. Typical Disney gray area but it's the only written rule I have found that addresses renting and benefits.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ulations.pdf&usg=AOvVaw16QvJ2qj6AHNovvynbCtil
Scroll to page 15, Item #3.
b. When a Club Member uses Home Resort Vacation Points to reserve Vacation Homes on behalf of a non-Club Member, and the Club Member does not charge any rental or other fees to the non-Club Member for the reservation, then the non-Club Member is eligible for all or some of the Club Member privileges and benefits that a Club Member would normally receive during the Club Member’s stay in the reserved Vacation Home. If the non-Club Member is renting, it is the responsibility of the Member to notify Member Services when making the reservation. Member privileges and benefits cannot be extended to non-Club Members who rent Vacation Homes from Club Members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts