Question About Purchasing VGC

xelysecia

Earning My Ears
We are planning on buying a resale contract at VGC this summer since we live in Northern, CA and make frequent trips. We usually stay at a timeshare in Newport since we have 5 children and need the space of a 2 bedroom condo and full kitchen. We travel during which I know is the most point intensive time in December. We have two children born after Christmas so we usually travel there from the 28th through the first week of January. However, we're wondering if purchasing this summer will be too late for us to secure a reservation this year for such a high demand period since we've heard reservations are notoriously difficult to secure.

Summer may be too late, because at 7 months out, any DVC member can reserve those rooms. Your best chance is at 11 months, but anytime before the 7 month window you have a chance because of your home resort advantage.

on the other hand, if you don't worry about buying to book for December 2020, you can take your time and look for the best deal, and also you won't have to worry if you have a contract or 2 taken in ROFR.

Yeah. I think you’ll probably be too late this year. My GCV contract took quite awhile to close, too. Couple months start to finish?

Yeah. I think you’ll probably be too late this year. My GCV contract took quite awhile to close, too. Couple months start to finish?
Ahh...see I didn't even consider how long it would take to close. Thanks for pointing this out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter