• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Priority Seating in July

Piglet203

Mouseketeer
Ok, I have done the Disney dining before. In fact, I have done the whole priority seating before my trips. However, for my trip in July, I wasn't planning on doing every detail before my trip (since I'm a little more laid back after 10 times).

My question is, do you think that I NEED to have priority seating for my dining choices during July? I'm going to be there from 7/3 to 7/13. I know it's going to be busy, but I haven't visited WDW in July since 1997. I usually go in May. Just wondering what you guys think.....thanks a bunch! :D

We usually go in July and it's VERY busy then. You'll also be there over 4th of July, which is one of the most busy days of them all. If you want to eat at any of the more popular places; Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, etc you'll need a PS for them. I have seen MANY people during July turned away if they didn't have a PS. If they aren't turned away, sometimes, they encounter a lenghty wait. Make tenative PS's for the few places you really want to eat at, and you can always cancel! I'd definately make a PS for July 4th, since that day you'll definately be left out if you don't! We're going to be there July 10 - July 23 and almost all of my PS's are made!

We'll also be at Disney for July 4th!!! This is our third time visiting for 4th of July, and although it is busy, we love it and have a great time!!!!! (Although my favorite time to visit is early Dec)

Anyway, I have made PSs for any of the restaurants I know we want to eat at - Ohanas, Bomas, LeCellier, Artist Point, to name a few. I have a PS for lunch on July 4 as well as dinner. We don't really care to eat too many counter service meals - we prefer to sit down and rest while we eat.

I've also seen many people turned away at restaurants, or being told it would be at least an hour wait without PS. So, I made more PSs for my days around the 4th of July; later during the week, we're more flexible.

I would also suggest you make a PS for July 4 - maybe the other days you could play it by ear!!

Good luck! Maybe we'll see ya there!!!!

We won't be there until the week after July 4 but I've made all of our PSs. For us it relieves the stress of deciding where to eat at least once a day (which usually takes as long as the meal itself). If we don't think we're going to use a PS, we usually call to cancel before the meal, but my feeling is since Disney won't give me an actual reservation, that I'm just as flexible about not showing up for a PS without feeling much guilt. -AL

I just made my chef mickey July 16th PS this weekend. I like the 5:00 PM seating and it's the ONLY way to get it, unless you are extremely lucky. As for the others, I will be calling before arriving. Probably not 60 days out, more like 30, but will have my PS before hand. Mostly because it's too dang on hot to sit around waiting in stand by to get in. We have our 10 year old grandson with us on that trip and have our favorite places. We don't do alot of PS, but at least one a day. We have gone in July before and it can be pretty busy. Eating in a nice cool restraurant really brings the folks in mid-day. We did watch as people were turned away last summer at hollywood and vine and the 50s prime time because there were no opennings for dinner. We do a little adjusting to our PS once we are there, but it's nice to have them if we need them.

Yes you do!!!!!! And I would make them soon, especially for dates around the 4th. We will be joining you.:bounce:

We will also be at WDW in July (although we don't arrive until the 5th) and we're used to visiting at quieter times. I always make PSs for my must-dos, but I've never had any trouble getting in other places either as a walk-up or by making a PS at the last minute. I've done the same again this time - PS for V&As and BlueZoo already made - but you guys have got me worried! What I don't understand, is that from 5th July, it is Value Season at WDW resorts which I had always understood to be 'Slower Season'. :confused:

What I don't understand, is that from 5th July, it is Value Season at WDW resorts which I had always understood to be 'Slower Season'.
It's only value season at the deluxe resorts, and the Mods and Values it's regular season. Usually from mid-June through mid-August, WDW is pretty crowded. Usually over 60 minute waits (by mid-morning) on the most popular attractations, TONS of people, and long waits. I've been to WDW for the past 4 Summers, and PS's are a must. I've seen people turned away from almost all charater meals, and the more popular venues to eat; Ohana, Le Cellier, Tempanyakki and 50's Primetime Cafe, to name a few. Planning to wing it in the summer could result in reduced opportunities to eat at the more popular places. If you're flexible or don't mind eating at off times, you might get lucky, otherwise you might end on the short end of the stick. As I already stated, we're going for two weeks in July and I just finished making all my PS's. I made Ohana at 89 days out, and there already were a bunch of times unavailable for the date I was interested in. I wanted to eat around 6PM so we could enjoy dinner and get to MK in plenty of time for Spectro, well that must have been everyone else's idea as well, since they were blocked out from 5:20 until 6:40 already. I tood 6:40, since 5:20 is a little too early in my book. So, this is just my experience, but I'd rather make a PS and cancel it if we can't make it than try to scramble to find someplace to eat.

Thanks, Lori. Whilst I'm certainly not expecting it to be quiet at WDW in July (I'm too much of a veteran and guide book junkie to think it will be anything other than busy :p ) I'm genuinely confused about the Value Season status, even if it's not for all the resorts. Still, I will take your advice and consider booking a few more PSs. Boma for breakfast has become a first morning tradition, so I will certainly book that at the very least.

My guess is that Disney assumes that the summer means TONS of families with children out of school. They assume that most of these families will be staying at the moderate and value resorts and not the deluxe resorts, to save money. To entice more families to stay deluxe, they offer the value rates during this time period. Hey, I don't understand it either, but this is what I think is the reasoning. It doesn't bother me in the least! We always stay deluxe and always in the summer, so for me it's a win-win situation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter