Question about pop up camper beds

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
Hi All! We are new to the RV camping thing -- just put a downpayment on our first(gently used) pop up trailer the other day! I'm wondering what to do about the beds in the camper. They seem reasonably comfortable, but I'm wondering if I should get some foam mattress toppers or anything to make them a little plusher. Any ideas/suggestions? What do you do? I can't wait to take it camping for the first time!!

We use a good quality inflatible bed type air matress on our hybrid to supplement the foam ones that came with it.

What kind of Pop-up is it? We have a Coleman Fleetwood....2006, I think. The beds are actually really comfy! I put nothing on them but sheets!

If yours are hard, I'd probably get some memory foam to put on top.

I put egg crates on mine and it really helped make it soft. You can buy it in a lot of sizes as well.

Congrats on the camper by the way. You're gonna get hooked especially if you go to the fort.

It is a Coleman Utah (2006 maybe?). They seemed pretty comfy when we checked it out, but I'm just not sure how I'll feel about them after a whole night of sleeping!!

It is a Coleman Utah (2006 maybe?). They seemed pretty comfy when we checked it out, but I'm just not sure how I'll feel about them after a whole night of sleeping!!

I wondered the same thing. It isn't unusual for me to wake up with sore hips in my own bed. I'm telling you....I sleep a million times better on that pop-up mattress!

We used an eggcrate thingy on ours last week. It helped. Our pop up is a coleman santa fe and the mattresses are not great, they're thin. I plan to get memory foam for next year, now that I know the egg crate made a difference.

And do yourselves a favor and check all the water connections before turning on the water.

We used an eggcrate thingy on ours last week. It helped. Our pop up is a coleman santa fe and the mattresses are not great, they're thin. I plan to get memory foam for next year, now that I know the egg crate made a difference.

And do yourselves a favor and check all the water connections before turning on the water.

OK, remove eggs from egg crate :rotfl: and check water connections. Any other tips??

Slant awning for water drain off - or you get to buy a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter