Question about PBH rm location

thedisneymom

I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Li
I'll be traveling with a physically challenged person. Is the west or east room wings closest to the water taxi, main pool, and restaurants. Thanks much! Forgot to add that I've requested a pool view which changes my building to main(viila). Should I do a bay or garden view instead with one of the other wings? Is ther pictures or a map somewhere?

The West Wing would be the closest, I believe. I will be staying there in a few weeks and will know for sure. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.

If you would see how close the villa wing is for me I would appreciate it. It can be a short walk to the water taxi and I hear there is a villa pool. Although, he will probably be interested in the beach pool. Thank you for your help and have a wonderful trip. ps My family and I love your user name!

I would be happy to!!!! No problem. I know how easier things go when planned. I will be posting upon my return and will let you know.

P.S. Thanks!!! As you can tell, I love the Marvel Comics!!!

I can't really figure out your room type. If you are booking a pool view room your gonna end up in the west villa which is convient to the water taxi and both the villa and beach pools. You may want to request a balcony room there's a few there. If your in the west villa you just take the elevator down and go out the doors turn left for the villa pool and right for the beach pool either turn is about 25ft to the gates of both pools. My dd is challenged and we have to use her stroller as a wheelchair so we always stay in the main building or west villa according to what time of the year we visit. Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for your help everyone. All I know is they said there are only bay and garden views in the west wing. The main building or villa building is where the deluxe pool views and suites are. Does this sound correct? I keep getting mixed info from the hotel.

No that's not right the west villa is the duluxe pool view rooms. There are some bay and garden views in anothere annex of the west villa that face the lagoon and back up to the beach pool. The main building has garden and bay view rooms.

Portofino has 4 areas (wings) They are as follows:

Hospitality Wing is located in the main bldg and has suites and deluxe rooms

Villa Guest Wing mostly deluxe pool views also in the main bldg.

West Guest Wing not in main bldg closest to the Beach Pool and Boat Dock offers garden and bay view rooms and suites.

East Guest Wing not in main bldg close to the Hillside Pool - a very quiet area away from beach pool and boat dock. Bay and garden view and suites.

East Guest Wing rooms - 1130-1598
West Guest Wing rooms - 3130-3567
Villa Guest Wing rooms - 2230-2693
Hospitality Wing rooms - 2324-2529

Go here for a detailed map.

Thank you Jessica. I am saving that for my upcoming trip. Now if I ask for a suite upgrade, will it have a balcony?

Some do some dont. We stayed in a Portofino Suite that didnt but it had ceiling to floor windows that overlooked the bay and piazza and another time in a Villa Suite that did have a large balcony.

We stayed in the villas last time...which i loved..but was thinking of staying in the west wing this time...are there rooms on the first floor you could just walk out your patio door to the beach pool or the boat launch...thanks...amy

JessicaR
Thank you for the excell;ent wing desription from a fellow New Yorker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter