QUESTION about Payment for Paradise Pier...

To be clear, I only have experience withDLR. When we did WDW, we did the Grand Villa at AK and rented thru David’s for the first week then We moved to a 2bedroom at bay lakes for the 2nd week and pre paid it, so everything was paid before we arrived.

When I have checked in using gift cards, I simply gave them the gift cards at check in, and they used them first before billing my credit card.
Yep, I've done that too, but most of the check in clerks haven't wanted to take them before charges have posted. I usually apply gift cards to the balance every couple days, and finish up day before checkout. I don't think the op needs to worry about getting her credit card charged, I wanted to make sure she knew if for some reason that happened, it is fixable.

I've also used Disney GC ahead of our stay by calling and reading off the cards over the phone to pay before we go.

I will ask more questions this weekend.
Last week, we checked in Friday evening. I kept a close eye on my cards to see when I got charged. I checked both cards several times during the day. We knew we would be checking in late because we were going to visit an Adventure by Disney guide friend who had had a major car accident and had just gotten out of the hospital. After we took her dinner and visited, it was close to 830p before we checked in. Talking to the evening front desk manager, they explained the process and that they do not charge as they do not know for sure you will show up, and the specific room you are assigned can change up until you are actually checked in. If you are a no show, they simply keep the deposit you have on file, but do not bill you for the remaining nights.

We discussed this process while the bellman was unloading the car. Upon completion, we headed to the E-ticket to finish check in, and they took my card then. While there, I checked my card and still no charges. Then about 3 mins after they ran my card, the pending charge for it showed up.

As far as gift cards, when I did it a few years back, they ran my gift cards and had it sit as a credit on my room as we used it up over the stay, then the rest went on my CC. Next trip, I will get gift cards and try it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter