Question About Palo Brunch Reservation

belle2008

Mouseketeer
Long time lurker, first post. I couldn't seem to find the answer by searching anywhere so thought I would ask here. I'm headed on my first cruise ever next year. We are going with some family who are Platinum, but we each made our own reservations (though I linked them online). We were hoping to all have Palo brunch together and I know they have priority on booking and that we will probably have to wait until we're onboard to make reservations. To make sure we have brunch together, can they book it for us or are we just going to have to hope we get lucky when we checkin/onboard that they have an opening at the same time as us?

Unless one of the Platinum members is booked into your cabin, they will not be able to make reservations for you until your booking window opens. At that point, if there is space they can book you onto theirs - or they can wait and you book everyone together.

Similar to dinner, however, be aware that they do limit the number of large parties allowed so as not to interfere with the ambiance.

As Dug720 said unless someone with CC status is booked into your room you will have to book when your own window opens for Palo. I have the same issue and we'll have to check once we board to see if they can accommodate us as my parents are first time cruisers. Moving one of us into their cabin wont work in our case as my parents don't want to pay in full so "early". Fingers crossed for both of us! :)

As Dug720 said, they can't book for you until your booking window opens at 75 days before your cruise. The best thing to do is for them to make their reservation when their booking window opens at 120 days. When your window opens, see if a reservation for everyone can be made. If not, see if you can make a reservation for yourself (try to make it as close in time to your family's reservation). If you can, when you get onboard go to dining changes venue (it will be listed in the Navigator) and ask them to combine the reservations. If you weren't able to get a brunch reservation, still go to the dining changes venue and see if they can add you onto your family's reservation.

Long time lurker, first post. I couldn't seem to find the answer by searching anywhere so thought I would ask here. I'm headed on my first cruise ever next year. We are going with some family who are Platinum, but we each made our own reservations (though I linked them online). We were hoping to all have Palo brunch together and I know they have priority on booking and that we will probably have to wait until we're onboard to make reservations. To make sure we have brunch together, can they book it for us or are we just going to have to hope we get lucky when we checkin/onboard that they have an opening at the same time as us?

:welcome:

Thanks everyone for the information! That's what I figured but thought I would check.

Are the reservations linked?

I think the OP said they are, but merely linked reservations do not get the benefit of the highest membership. It's per stateroom occupancy. If the Platinum members were divided among the staterooms then all in those rooms could book at the Platinum window. But if there is no Platinum member in the linked room, the linked room cannot book until their booking window opens.

I think the OP said they are, but merely linked reservations do not get the benefit of the highest membership. It's per stateroom occupancy. If the Platinum members were divided among the staterooms then all in those rooms could book at the Platinum window. But if there is no Platinum member in the linked room, the linked room cannot book until their booking window opens.

The reason I asked is that we are sailing in Sept and Platinum and my MIL is silver but the reservations are linked and we were able to add them to our Palo brunch and an excursion we are doing at the 120 day mark. Not sure if this was allowed because we are Platinum or if because we are in a Concierge suite, my MIL is not sailing CL?

The reason I asked is that we are sailing in Sept and Platinum and my MIL is silver but the reservations are linked and we were able to add them to our Palo brunch and an excursion we are doing at the 120 day mark. Not sure if this was allowed because we are Platinum or if because we are in a Concierge suite, my MIL is not sailing CL?

Sounds like Concierge pulled some strings. Or there was a glitch. That is NOT normal.

Sounds like Concierge pulled some strings. Or there was a glitch. That is NOT normal.

Yeah when I spoke to shoreside to book excursions and Cabana I asked them if we could add my MIL and her friend to excursions, Cabana and Palo or if they had to wait for their window open? They said that we could book them on any excursions, Dinners etc that WE were doing without any hesitation or sounding like they were bending the rules. Must be an unwritten perk of sailing Concierge and having reservations linked.

Could be... I am not sailing concierge and will not be able to book anything for my parents until their window opens, despite having our reservations linked.

In the past when we had a similar situation we were told to book everyone who was eligible as soon as their booking window opened, then have the reservation modified. But there were only four of us at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!