Question about number of people on deed and number of AP discounts

Rgrif3

Earning My Ears
I had read that up to 6 people can be listed on a deed for a direct contract. I assume that each of those 6 people can potentially get a blue member card. Here is my specific question/scenario: I have a wife and two children, and my brother also has a wife and two children. My family and my brother's family do not live at the same residence. If my brother and I went in on a direct contract together and were both listed on the contract deed, would both he and I be able to get the annual pass discounts for his/my family members (if we both get blue member cards)? If so, that would be a major benefit (8 people getting an annual pass discount).

I would add that I would be adding my brother to the deed so that we could split the contract (some years he uses it, some years I use it). So, it would not just be a shady way to try and get annual pass discounts.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks so much!

My understanding is it is 8 per household. So if there are multiple households on the deed and having blue cards, than yes more than 8 could get AP's from a single contract.

You can have up to six people on your deed.They have to be over 18 to be on the deed, all would get a blue card.You both can purchase A.P.s for all who live at your address.Hope this helps

I just recently bought in July.Only six names on the deed three of my girls have different addresses 4 households but only allowed six names,but all can buy A Ps for all those who have their same addresses.

How much do you and your brother get along? Will you use up the points together? Will you have enough points to warrant an annual pass for two families? With eight people you'd need two studios or a two bedroom villa.

Good points, Deb & Bill. We do get along well. We probably wouldn't use the points together, as it would be tight (in terms of points and getting enough rooms). My family would probably use the points every other year, and just pay for rooms with cash (with annual pass discounts) on years that my brother's family has the points. Over time, we could always add more points, just don't want to buy 2-300 points right away. Perhaps, we'd get 100 Riviera points right now, and in a few years get either another 100 Riviera points or maybe Reflections points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts