Question about non-refundable deposit policy

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
If I book, but rather than cancel want to rebook to a different sailing or date, can I do so without losing my deposit on my original booking? Or will they insist I cancel my original and lose the deposit, and then rebook a new reservation for the new date (including a new deposit)?

Their T&C
Outside of final payment, when a non-refundable deposit cancellation occurs, you will receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less a $100 per guest change fee. Such Future Cruise Certificates can be applied towards your future Royal Caribbean cruise vacation when reserved within 1 year of the issue date. Thereafter, the Future Cruise Certificate will expire and becomes invalid.

If I book, but rather than cancel want to rebook to a different sailing or date, can I do so without losing my deposit on my original booking? Or will they insist I cancel my original and lose the deposit, and then rebook a new reservation for the new date (including a new deposit)?

If you change the ship/sail date, you will incur a $100 per person change fee.

That's my understanding too. You can change your stateroom from A to B in same sailing for non-refundable with no penalty, but change of ship/sail date incurs the $100/person of your deposit and rest goes towards FCC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter