Question about non on-site hotels

andrewgh423

Earning My Ears
I am planning a senior trip to Orlando (for 2005, i know its a bit off, but need to start saving!) to go to IOA, SUF, Wet 'n' Wild, and possibly Busch Gardens. I will be raising my own money to use, and I have two summers to do so. So I was wondering, are there any cheap, good hotels on I-Drive that you like to stay at? I stayed at a Hampton Inn last spring and it was very nice. It had a pool, which I would like at the hotel I stay at. I know some hotels have a bus that take you to USF, IOA, WnW, but what about BG? Or does anybody know of a place where I can get discount rates on a standard room ( by the way, I will be going in early June) at Ryal Pacific, the cheapest of the hotels? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, andrew:

Wow, do you have a long time to save!

First of all, the RP is not ALWAYS the cheapest onsite hotel. There are times I call and get better rates, comparably, for the Portofino! Availability certainly does call the shots.

June is high season. If you haven't tried it yet, Priceline is an excellent source for "cheap" hotels. I like them because you can get a 3 star hotel for the price of a 1 star. I don't know if they take reservations that far out, and I wouldn't try because they're non refundable, but it's somethng to reconsider.

If you could save up a few dollars a month it would be worth it to stay onsite. June is usually a very busy time of year and I'd love that Universal Express perk, if it's still available by then!

BTW, Seaworld has a bus that leaves daily for Busch Gardens. I think it's still about $5. Check to see if your hotel has a shuttle to Seaworld and you can get a ride to BG.

Hope that helps and welcome!
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter