Question about new HS FP+ tiers and strategy

fiasco32

Mouseketeer
So I get that pretty much everything at HS is going to be a Tier 1 ride (except for Star Tours). But I really don't want to waste my time booking FPs for shows (like Little Mermaid) I know our family isn't going to go to.

What's the harm in, say, booking a FP for just SDD and then not booking advanced FPs for the rest of the day, just so once that first Tier 1 is done, we can start booking other Tier 1s throughout the rest of the day if they're available?

So I get that pretty much everything at HS is going to be a Tier 1 ride (except for Star Tours). But I really don't want to waste my time booking FPs for shows (like Little Mermaid) I know our family isn't going to go to.

What's the harm in, say, booking a FP for just SDD and then not booking advanced FPs for the rest of the day, just so once that first Tier 1 is done, we can start booking other Tier 1s throughout the rest of the day if they're available?

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You'll need to either tap in to 2 tier 2s or let them expire. Although people report issues with the expiration option...

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You'll need to either tap in to 2 tier 2s or let them expire. Although people report issues with the expiration option...

Ah, ok well that's SUPER helpful then. What happens if you don't reserve the other two FPs?

In order to book another Tier 1 at the SAME park, you have to use up (or let expire) 3 FPs. So, if you use your one pre-booked FP for SDD, you can only get Tier 2 at HS. If you were to park hop that day, after tapping into SDD, you can pre-book a Tier 1 at another park.

Its not that hard to schedule a couple of quick Tier 2 passes. Fact is we schedule them for very early in the day and have had no issues getting Tier one passes for the rest of the day. To many people consider Hollywood to be a 1/2 day park. We take advantage of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter