Question about Mickey Rubber Back Pins

In my limited experience the answer is not necessarily. My parents bought me a stars and stripes mickey pin that was a metal back and waaaaay back in 2004 i got a promo pin from the worldport disney store on idrive which didnt have a rubber back. I think it is increasingly the case that all pin trading ones are rubber backed for safety on rides etc. But promos or decorative pins dont always.

Also got an epcot food and wine festival pin...that didnt have a rubber back either.

You can purchase locking pin backs in the parks or in resorts. Just ask a CM in the stores. They come with a little tool to tighten them and lock them in place they used to be about $15. It's saved quite a few of our pins from being lost or damaged. I wish they did them for the magic bands. We still have a few from our visit in 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter