Question About Magical Express

Robin Burks

Earning My Ears
I have an upcoming trip to Walt Disney World in October, but I have a question about Magical Express. We booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge through David's DVC Rentals, but plan on flying in the day before and staying at a hotel near the airport.

Can we still take Magical Express to Animal Kingdom Lodge on the following day? How does that work? David's DVC Rentals site will book Magical Express for us, but it requires flight information (which wouldn't matter if we fly in the day before).

You don't need flight information. Disney doesn't care if you arrive at the airport by plane, car, foot or llama. You can either find a flight that arrives around the same time you want DME transport, or just call and tell them you're not arriving by plane.

No sweat. People do this all the time!

So I can just call them and "schedule" it? That makes life so much easier.

Also, now I want to arrive by llama. :P

I did assume this was something people did often, but wanted to be sure. Now if October could just get here a little faster...

I checked out that link, but it requires flight information, too. I'll just call and explain my situation.

So I can just call them and "schedule" it? That makes life so much easier.

Also, now I want to arrive by llama. :P

I did assume this was something people did often, but wanted to be sure. Now if October could just get here a little faster...

Yep! Easy peasy.

You don't need flight information. Disney doesn't care if you arrive at the airport by plane, car, foot or llama. You can either find a flight that arrives around the same time you want DME transport, or just call and tell them you're not arriving by plane.

No sweat. People do this all the time!
Come on now...get it right...its arrival by yak!!!! A YAK, not a llama! :tiptoe:

Not sure if you’ve tried calling yet. Since you’re renting points, I *think* you’ll have to go through David’s who will in turn contact the dvc owner to get it added. That’s one of the cons of renting points- you can’t contact Disney directly, everything has to go through the owner. We’re renting points from a friend and he has to be the one to add/change things on the reservation, including DME.

Not sure if you’ve tried calling yet. Since you’re renting points, I *think* you’ll have to go through David’s who will in turn contact the dvc owner to get it added. That’s one of the cons of renting points- you can’t contact Disney directly, everything has to go through the owner. We’re renting points from a friend and he has to be the one to add/change things on the reservation, including DME.

Yes, this is the party line.

However, DME is NOT Disney, but a third party contractor who doesn't make a distinction between the types of reservations. As long as you have the Disney reservation number, they'll gladly set up your DME trips.

Just like they don't care if you've arrived at MCO via plane or llama (or yak), they don't care if your reservation is a package, room only, DVC owner, or rented points. It's just not important to them in their delivery of their service

If you have a Disney resort reservation, you're entitled to a trip on DME. That's all they care about.

Just call.

Steve

Yes, this is the party line.

However, DME is NOT Disney, but a third party contractor who doesn't make a distinction between the types of reservations. As long as you have the Disney reservation number, they'll gladly set up your DME trips.

Just like they don't care if you've arrived at MCO via plane or llama (or yak), they don't care if your reservation is a package, room only, DVC owner, or rented points. It's just not important to them in their delivery of their service

If you have a Disney resort reservation, you're entitled to a trip on DME. That's all they care about.

Just call.

Steve

Just a small correction to that. Besides the bus drivers, every person you interact with over the phone (unless you intentionally call Mears for some reason) and in person regarding DME is a full fledged disney cast member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!