Question about July 4th weekend

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
I am considering coming back to Disneyland for the first time since 2014 for two or three days over July 4th weekend (probably the 5th and 6th). I have some questions though.

1. Are the fireworks done over July 4th weekend Disneyland Forever or another fireworks that are unique?
2. What would be good touring strategies that weekend? I am thinking of rope dropping the parks and leaving by 4, but my friend is a late sleeper.
3. Should I expect the parks to be in phased closings most of the day based on last year's experience?

Everything feels in flux because of Galaxy's Edge as it hasn't opened yet. I just want to set some realistic expectations, so I don't set myself up for waiting in four hour lines for the Monorail.

Last edited:
1. There should be special fireworks for the 4th. Disneyland usually has a patriotic show that runs on the 4th.
2. You will want to RD and use those early morning hours to your advantage. Your friend will have to choose sleep or crowds. If you want to view the fireworks from the castle, you would need to be holding your spot by 4, so maybe don't leave, just camp and rest until show time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter