Question about GAC ??!!

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
Hi everyone! Thanks in advvance for all the great input and info I've received from the boards... We will be traveling with my 4 yr old son in July and will be requiring a GAC due to his special needs. We have had no problem on our last two trips, I showed our Dr.'s note and explained the situation. My question is...I want to tuck the kids in the night we arrive and leave them with their grandparents while my husband and I go activate our passes and check out Main Street...It would be great if I could get the GAC so the next day we don't have to wait and can get right to having fun! if I bring last years guest assistance card, and the Dr's note, does my son have to be present? Thanks for any info.!
Kris
:earsboy:

I believe that the person that the GAC is for has to be present.

It does not hurt to stop and ask, they might give it to you, bit from what I have heart and read, the person it is for has to be there so they can see that it is for a "real" person.

Welcome to disABILITIES.
As Anne thought, the person with a disability is supposed to be with you when you request the GAC. It is actually issued to the perrson with a disability, in their name.
You don't need a doctor's letter to request one (although some people feel more confident having one). All you need is your child and your ability to explain what sorts of problems/needs he has. If you are at the park relatively early and go right to Guest Services, you should be able to get taken care of quickly (it seems Guest Services gets busier as the day goes on).
If you didn't have a previous GAC, I'd say don't even try to get one without your DS. Since you have the last year GAC with you, they might issue another one without your DS. But, that's a big might. My personal experience is that even with the old GAC, they still need the person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter