Question about EVC on buses and in rooms.

SR

Mouseketeer
This may have been asked many times, but I looked and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I have booked a trip to WDW in Dec. with my niece and her husband and another couple. We will all need a EVC. We have booked a family suite in Art of Animation Cars suites. Does anyone know if we can fit 5 EVCs in there?
Also, how many EVC's will fit on one bus? I went to WDW last March with my niece and we both had them, but I didn't pay any attention if more could fit on one bus.

Thank you in advance for your help. I love this board since everyone is so willing to help!

This may have been asked many times, but I looked and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I have booked a trip to WDW in Dec. with my niece and her husband and another couple. We will all need a EVC. We have booked a family suite in Art of Animation Cars suites. Does anyone know if we can fit 5 EVCs in there?
Also, how many EVC's will fit on one bus? I went to WDW last March with my niece and we both had them, but I didn't pay any attention if more could fit on one bus.

Thank you in advance for your help. I love this board since everyone is so willing to help!
cant answer for fitting 5 ECVs in your room but on buses only 2 sometimes 3 per bus.

2 ECVs per bus. I highly doubt 5 will fit into any room, not even the largest square footage on site.

Two is the normal amount of spots on the bus for ECVs and wheelchairs.

I would have my doubts about 5 ECVs even in a suite. You would have to get very creative with moving around furniture or even having some furniture removed. Then you have to have 5 free outlets to charge the batteries of the scooters. You have to take into consideration all the bed areas being open and ready to sleep in, too. The chair beds and such are bigger when used for sleeping.

From a cost standpoint you can probably get two, value rooms probably for cheaper than a family suite. I think it would be easier to fit 5 scooters in two smaller rooms. We always fit two scooters in a smaller value room. When we have had to deal with three scooters to a room, we rented one from the Disney park. Yes, it's more expensive, but we found this to be the best way. I have heard of three scooters in a room, but they remove the table and chairs of that room. It still can be difficult if you don't have the smaller scooters.

I’m not sure about how many ECVs you could fit in the room - I doubt 5 would fit. If you a renting from one of the WDW Featured Providers, you may be able to store one or more in Bell Services.
Follow the link in my signature or look near the top of this board for the disABILITIES FAQs thread post 2 of that thread has information about renting ECVs, including contact info for the Featured Providers.

Each bus can hold 2 ECVs; some can hold 3.
Since you are traveling with 5, you will need to split up to use the buses, even if there is no one else waiting.
When you get to your resort, use the Transportation button on your phone to contact the Transportation office and see if there are other options. They used to have large accessible buses that could be requested by groups traveling together with 5 or more ECVs.

Two is the normal amount of spots on the bus for ECVs and wheelchairs.

I would have my doubts about 5 ECVs even in a suite. You would have to get very creative with moving around furniture or even having some furniture removed. Then you have to have 5 free outlets to charge the batteries of the scooters. You have to take into consideration all the bed areas being open and ready to sleep in, too. The chair beds and such are bigger when used for sleeping.

From a cost standpoint you can probably get two, value rooms probably for cheaper than a family suite. I think it would be easier to fit 5 scooters in two smaller rooms. We always fit two scooters in a smaller value room. When we have had to deal with three scooters to a room, we rented one from the Disney park. Yes, it's more expensive, but we found this to be the best way. I have heard of three scooters in a room, but they remove the table and chairs of that room. It still can be difficult if you don't have the smaller scooters.
That’s a good suggestion if one person doesn’t need an ECV at the resort/to get to the bus.

Eh, it might be possible https://www.bing.com/images/search?...608033694669799608&selectedIndex=4&ajaxhist=0
Depends where the outlets are.
  • Have either the chair or the coffee table removed. Move the remaining piece closer to the end table. Plug in an ECV where the chair goes.
  • United lug the microwave at night. Plug in an ECV there.
  • Put one between the actual bed and the window. Plug one in there.
  • Store one outside the master bath. Plug in one ECV there, or even in the bathroom.
  • Park one ECV somewhere in the dining area. Plug it in there.
This all assumes 2-3 feet width in suggested areas.

I have seen the mythical "3 mobility device bus", but let me tell you, it's a fairly rare creature. Plan on 2 per bus, and be happy if you get 3 per bus. You will have to ride in "shifts" - the first two will have to wait for the next 2 to arrive, and the last one will come along. This means that - in a perfect scenario - if the buses are running approximately every 20 minutes, it will take an hour to get all 5 to one Park, or back to the Resort.

I would say that the closest you would come to fitting 5 ECVs into any one "room" at WDW would be the cabins - and that would require at least one adult to sleep in the bottom bunk, and 2 on the sleeper sofa, and 2 on the bed in the bedroom, next to the bunk beds.

You may be better served by a couple of options: First, look into multiple rooms; depending on when you are going, you might snag a good deal, and could actually get 3 Value rooms for the price of 1 night at the Cabins or a single room at OKW.

You can consider leaving a couple of units with Bell Services - however you need to remember that Bell Services is NOT obligated to allow you to park and charge your rental ECVs overnight, so be prepared with an alternate plan if this does not work out. DO NOT LEAVE THE UNITS UNATTENDED IN HALLWAYS, ON SIDEWALKS OR PARKED IN BREEZEWAYS. You are asking for trouble; if the unit is stolen (even if it is just pushed across the property) until you can find it, the rental company can charge your card for the entire replacement cost of the unit. (Check your contract). You are responsible for securing the unit in your room every night.

As an FYI, it is my understanding that most of the Bell Services locations at WDW Resorts are quite busy these days, dealing with grocery deliveries from local vendors as well as the many Amazon drop shipments that people are having sent in to their Resorts. It's understandable; especially for big bulky things like diapers, or water bottles, that you might want to have those delivered directly to the Resort, but it is apparently causing a lot of extra work for Bell Services - as well as taking up a lot of extra space. Hence, the warning against relying upon leaving the ECVs there.

If - and this is a BIG if - you could rent a fifteen passenger van, and have the back 2 rows of seats removed, you *might* be able to fit all 5 ECVs in, however, at least one member of your party would have to be able to disassemble the ECVs, lift the parts in, then when you arrive at your destination, lift the parts back out, and reassemble them. Remember a couple of things about this scenario: First, you have to find a rental company that will agree to remove the seats from the van. Next, you will have to have someone who can reliably lift 50 pounds at a time - and do that at least 5 times in a row, as well as then lift the remaining "lighter" components (which could weigh anywhere from 10 to 25 pounds each times 5 times in a row) AND have the ability to assemble/dissasemble these scooters in the parking lots, potentially in darkness, rain, heat, etc.

I am not sure - you could potentially contact Mears in Orlando, and see if they have any taxi style service that would accommodate 5 mobility devices at the same time. There is also a company called "Tony Hinds" that is highly regarded by some of the folks here on the DISBoards - he does car service to/from MCO for both Disney & Uni - and although he might not be able to help you directly, he might have ideas on how to move 5 ECVs + 5 Guests around Disney.

It would be possible to have 5 mobility devices in certain DVC rooms, for example a three bedroom grand villa comes to mind, but not at Art of Animation. Having stayed in a family suite there for a bit, I would say the realistic limit for a single family suite would be 3 and it would be a tight squeeze.

This is actually a situation that would be easier to deal with at Disneyland than Disney World, just due to the smaller distances involved.

I would definitely be prepared to split up on the buses though.

We stay at AOA family suites all the time. 5 evc won’t fit. No way 3 maybe and that assume you don’t use the pull out sofa

Remember you can’t leave them in the hallway either. Not sure best answer for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!