Question about dress codes

Lisa D

Mouseketeer
We are going on our first 3-day cruise on 10/16/03. I know that no jeans are allowed in the dining rooms - what about a denim sundress? I know obviously not for Triton or Palo but would it be okay in the other restaurants? It's a matter of one more thing I will leave at home since I know I wouldn't wear it to eat in any of the Disney theme parks. Thanks for your help - I'll probably have more questions as the big day gets closer!

Lisa

You could probably get away with it on a non-formal night but remember "most" everybody is pretty much dressed up. When I cruised I saw a guy dressed in shorts at dinner. It wasn't appropriate but then again nobody kicked him out of the dining room.

I've seen a lot of threads regarding the "dress code" on the cruises and it started making me nervous telling my DH "oh you can't wear shorts on tropical night and I think you need to rent a tux and I'm bringing 7 dresses with me blah blah blah", but after having finally taken the 7 day cruise this past August all I can say is that it is a non-issue. Now I know that the dress code is a real pet peeve for some people and I can understand that if you go out of your way on semi-formal & formal night that you would like others to do the same so please no flames. I saw that for the most part people did dress up for non-casual evenings. I didn't see any blatant disregard though I'm sure it does happen.

As for casual nights I would say that most people were VERY casual. I saw quite a bit of shorts in the restaurant even though the Navigator does remind all "no shorts or jeans please" under "suggested evening attire". (BTW the Navigator only stated 'tropical attire" on tropical night and nothing about not wearing shorts and there were many that night.) I even saw tropical shirts instead of jackets in Palo (it was NOT tropical night) that nobody appeared to look twice at. (Might've been too busy enjoying the delicious food and great service.) Anyway my point is that a denimn sundress would not even be noticed in any of the restaurants and in fact some nights we were cruising you would've been more dressed up than most. So IMHO go enjoy and don't stress about what you're wearing.

again, it's not a question of being prohibited from restaurants....I think a denim sundress in AP and PC is fine....as for Tritons, you may feel a little underdressed

Thanks for the responses - this was something I had planned to wear for AP or PC. I think we'll skip Triton in favor of Palo since my kids don't want to dress up anyway - I already have a Palo dress picked out but just WAIT until DH finds out he has to bring a jacket...

If this 3-day works out favorably for us (DH is a little apprehensive) I'd love to do a 7 day in 2005 - just wait to see all my posts then!

Lisa

I have a Winnie the Pooh denim jumper and shirt that I wore to Animator's Palate. I think it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter