Question about Dreams Unlimited Travel Show – 08/06/18- Viking Cruise

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
I just watched the Dreams Unlimited Travel Show – 08/06/18
part two. It was such a joy to hear about the wonderful time everyone had on this cruise.
I had a question about the restaurant in Venice that John and Kevin ate at.
They showed a clip in the video of the chef making chocolate pasta, table side, in a dessert that was supposed to taste like Andes Candies! I don't think they mentioned the name of the restaurant.
I was wondering if anyone knows where this is? I need to try this dessert next time in Venice!
Thanking you in advance!

Last edited:
Ristorante Da Mario Alla Fava

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...torante_Da_Mario_Alla_Fava-Venice_Veneto.html

Its right near the Riaito Bridge, but down an alley.

Its worth looking for.

We were there in March and we still talk about this being one of the best desserts ...EVER.

The food was fantastic as well.

We just stumbled upon this place. They couldn't have been nicer.

Thank you so much for the reply! "After Eight" mints are my favorite childhood candy, something that I associate with the warmest memories of Christmas Eve with my family! The thought of an Italian ganache/ice cream version sounds like a dream! Definitely bookmarking for our next trip back to Italy! Thanks again! Cheers!

Some folks have to go all the way to Venice to find good chocolate desserts. :rolleyes1:duck:

I concur. The Viking Sky shows were fabulous. I enjoyed everyone's input, since each had unique experiences from walking tours, shopping and dining.

Thank you for the link. We're going on a Royal Caribbean cruise starting from Venice, and will be there a couple of days in advance. We're staying near the Rialto Bridge in an AirBnB, and this restaurant looks like one we might try. :)

Thanks for the link to the show. I really enjoyed watching it.

For anyone going on a cruise around Italy, I highly recommend: http://www.limoinrome.com/

We used them for Rome and Naples, and had a driver and tour guide, and did not have to stand in line for anything. There were three DIS families on the tour so we split the cost. It was much less than a ship's excursion would have been, and we were able to see the sites WE wanted to see.

In Naples, we went on a tour that took us to Pompeii and had a private tour there, lunch in a restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean, visit to Positano where we walked around and shopped, and a quick stop in Sorrento. Loved this excursion. Again, we shared with two other families and had a great time/tour.

In Rome, our private tour took us to the Vatican/Sistine Chapel, Coliseum (inside), Pantheon, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, small restaurant with delicious pizza, gelato, and walked through the streets.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter