• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Disney hotels

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
How are the bunk beds at G C? Would be for a 11 and 12 yo. Are there two Queens besides that? Would need 2 additional beds for myslef, DH and DS.
Would this be roomy enough for four nights? Really want to stay onsite, but can't affors 2 bedroom hotel. How about 2 connecting rooms and Paradise pier? We will then be heading down to Legoland, Sea World and San Diego Zoo. We would like to stay in something villa type with bedrooms. Any reccomendations. If we are going to those three places are we better off staying in Carlsbad or San Diego. !st trip to DL and trying to do everything!! :thumbsup2

LOLA2 said:
How are the bunk beds at G C? Would be for a 11 and 12 yo. Are there two Queens besides that? Would need 2 additional beds for myslef, DH and DS.
Would this be roomy enough for four nights? Really want to stay onsite, but can't affors 2 bedroom hotel. How about 2 connecting rooms and Paradise pier? We will then be heading down to Legoland, Sea World and San Diego Zoo. We would like to stay in something villa type with bedrooms. Any reccomendations. If we are going to those three places are we better off staying in Carlsbad or San Diego. !st trip to DL and trying to do everything!! :thumbsup2

So long as your 11 and 12 year olds aren't tall (taller than 5'6", I'm guessing) they shoudl be okay. Our kids were only 3 and 7 when we stayed. Someone mentioned that when requesting a bunkbed, the reservationist said that their kids might not fit comfortably in it though, so you might want to ask when booking. The bunkbed come with a trundle, so there's actually 4 matresses in a room. The other bed is a queen. We have 2 little kids and thought that it was plenty room for us. Not quite sure with 2 preteens and a third child, though. When we went to San Diego(Zoo/WAP, legoland and seaworld), we stayed at a comfort inn in san diego, so i can't recommend a villa type with bedrooms. Our room was very, very spacious with a king bed and a bunkbed again. We liked it a lot.

The bunkbeds are only 5'4" long. I ended up sleeping in one with my son for awhile :0. I am 5'4" and I was cramped.
I wouldn't recommend it for your kids unless there are 5'2" or under.
They are wonderful and as the op mentioned, the bottom bunk has a slide out trundle. Of course, it too is short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter