question about different AP's and hotel rates

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
From browzing Universal's official site, I see that there are actually two different annual passes: one which costs 170 and has no blackout dates, and one that is like 108 and is subject to blackout dates.

Here's my question: If I want to reserve a hotel room at an AP rate, do I have to have purchased the more expensive AP or will the cheaper AP entitle me to the same great, lower rate?

Thanks, oh wise ones.

Oh, and what about Mother's Day? Should I expect higher rates?

Thanks again!

KJ

That's a very good question. One I don't know the answer too :) My guess would be a AP is an AP as far as the hotels are concerned. Now in the parks I know the PAP is required in order to recieve discounts at the stores and so on. That's my guess any other takers?

The universal ticket website states that the 2pk power annual pass has no discounts on food merchandise or on-site hotels.
Looks like you need the more expensive if you want the hotel discount.

i forgot to add, you would only need 1 AP to get the discount, you could purchase the less expensive for the rest of your party.

We have used the "cheaper" AP to get hotel discounts. We asked reservations and they said there would be no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!