Question about DCA moonlight magic

RedVines2001

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if any of the regular food and beverage places are open during MM in DCA? I know they provide complimentary refreshments but if i wanted to get say get a beer or a churro would i be able to? Thanks in advance.

I believe a few counter service restaurants were open last year at DL, but it was definitely not all of them. Churros were one of the things that were complimentary last year!

I hope you don't mind me jumping on your post but your topic is just perfect for me too.. but my question is about the parking. I know it says free but if I have two cars going because there are 6 of us will both cars be free and can the registration paper be enough to get the second car in?

I hope you don't mind me jumping on your post but your topic is just perfect for me too.. but my question is about the parking. I know it says free but if I have two cars going because there are 6 of us will both cars be free and can the registration paper be enough to get the second car in?

As long as they are all staying on DVC points they qualify for free parking.

As long as they are all staying on DVC points they qualify for free parking.
Please forgive me ... I giggled reading this reply. My brain's first response, "That is so cute, such a WDW-answer to a DL-question." You see, I just assume DL-guests are locals. Why would we be staying onsite using points? So then I double checked, indeed, lilfaerbiebrat's profile shows them as a local.

FWIW, I'm also watching for an answer to that question. I'll be walking over ... but have invited guests who will be driving in separately.

EDITED TO ADD: For clarification, if it helps, I'm laughing at myself. My 'assumption' completely colored how I had read both the question and the reply. I realized that I had made that assumption blindly ... so silly of me. It was the reply that created a jolt and, thus, revealed my bias.

Last edited:
We were at DL MM last year. We took Uber from our hotel to DL hotel to visit there before the event. And as is the case last years email also said free parking. As I recall, the where and how of that was never really cleared up and generated several posts here and elsewhere. Best of luck figuring it out. My guess is that after some point in time they stop charging because there is no where else to go but to the event.

I went to last years and my party arrived in separate cars, two of us have APs with parking so it didn't apply. But my mother who is the DVC member I think had to show the confirmation email and her DVC card to get the free parking. Disneyland these days has someone manning the parking booths till nearly the end of the night. It's been at least 4 years since the last time I remember arriving on the later end and there not being someone there to scan my AP etc.

Please forgive me ... I giggled reading this reply. My brain's first response, "That is so cute, such a WDW-answer to a DL-question." You see, I just assume DL-guests are locals. Why would we be staying onsite using points? So then I double checked, indeed, lilfaerbiebrat's profile shows them as a local.

FWIW, I'm also watching for an answer to that question. I'll be walking over ... but have invited guests who will be driving in separately.

EDITED TO ADD: For clarification, if it helps, I'm laughing at myself. My 'assumption' completely colored how I had read both the question and the reply. I realized that I had made that assumption blindly ... so silly of me. It was the reply that created a jolt and, thus, revealed my bias.

I am local to Disneyland and staying on points for Moonlight Magic. Last year I paid cash. I own points at VGC just for little getaways (birthdays, Moonlight Magic, usually a summer visit). I usually book 1-2 nights and then do 2-3 days in the parks.

This just in! Copy/paste from an email received today:

Transportation & Parking:
Complimentary parking is available at Disney California Adventure® Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 5:30 PM.
Members must show their Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID to receive complimentary parking.
Parking trams will run until 2:00 AM.

I am just getting back on the dis after my WDW vacation and playing catch-up at work and home. bwvBound , I was with your thoughts too about the answer to my question being a WDW type response. Yes I am local and my guests are "semi" local. We are all planning to go home after the event so we are not staying on property. My guests don't have APs but my husband and I do. I guess I will have to coordinate with everyone to meet off property and do people swapping of the cars to get everyone parked.

We went to MM the past 2 years and the 2nd car that included our guests just showed a printed copy of the confirmation. They weren't asked for DVC card. Hoping it's the same this year.

We went to MM the past 2 years and the 2nd car that included our guests just showed a printed copy of the confirmation. They weren't asked for DVC card. Hoping it's the same this year.
I confirmed today with Member Services. To be eligible for free parking, each car must have at least one DVC member with proper ID (blue card + photo ID).

I confirmed today with Member Services. To be eligible for free parking, each car must have at least one DVC member with proper ID (blue card + photo ID).

Thank you for getting the confirmation. I'll make sure one of us is in each car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!