Question about Dapper Day duds :-)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I’m at DL now and it’s Dapper Day. This is only my second year I’ve dressed for it (pic below).
05B545BF-30A6-42C8-9D89-E9E6F23CE285.jpeg

Now: I’m no hat aficionado and I could use some guidance. I don’t like the sun on my face so i definitely need one. Today the overall effect of my outfit was lessened, I think, because it was topped off with a baseball cap. Not especially dapper. So for next DD, I though I’d get a fedora, as below. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know how hat sizes work?
81C37754-52AE-45B1-91B2-4CF47689C59C.jpeg

Dh got a fedora on main st last night. The men’s shop on the right looking at the castle. Before the ornament shop. Walk in and turn right. It was on the wall I think.

Folks, I’m at DL now and it’s Dapper Day. This is only my second year I’ve dressed for it (pic below).
View attachment 449939

Now: I’m no hat aficionado and I could use some guidance. I don’t like the sun on my face so i definitely need one. Today the overall effect of my outfit was lessened, I think, because it was topped off with a baseball cap. Not especially dapper. So for next DD, I though I’d get a fedora, as below. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know how hat sizes work?
View attachment 449941
Welcome to the world of Dapper, Rob! The easy way to find your hat size is to measure the circumference of your head right around where a hat would comfortably sit (usually right above your eye brows). Don't measure too loosely or too tightly -- just get a comfortable measurement. Most hat store websites have size conversion charts that take your measurement and convert it to a men's hat size. Once you have that size, go try on hats! Find styles that you like and that suit you well (i.e. fit you comfortably for all day wear -- so no headaches -- and look good on you). One trick we use: whenever we pass a hat store that looks promising, we go in and try on a few styles. (Nordstrom Men's Furnishings Dept. will work, but we like small boutiques better.) We chat with the sales people/owners to learn more about the hats and about how they should fit. Very educational. DH has a few hats now that he loves (and the hats have stories behind them -- where we got them, how we found them, etc.). Next Dapper Day, go to the Expo -- there are so many vendors there that sell men's hats! You'll have a blast! (If you're still on site now, head for the Expo at the DLH -- it closes at 7 pm!) Once you know your hat size and what styles suit you, look on Amazon.com -- we find lots of hats there for reasonable prices. Some even have UV protection built in. If the hat is for a costume, those prices can't be beat. There used to be a hat store in DTD (Chapel Hats | Men's and Women's Hat Shop | Official Sitehttps://www.chapelhats.com)-- they were very friendly and helpful there -- and they should still have a store in Las Vegas. If you are ever in LV, stop by that store to browse. The salespeople were very nice. We've found great men's hats in Portland, OR and Seattle. When you go home for Christmas, try looking around Chicago -- there should be some great men's hat stores there!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!