Question about cancelling june reservation

Just called MS to cancel our 6/3 trip. It was a split stay and all our dining and FP were already cancelled for the first part of our stay. The CM told us she could not put our points back that we hadn’t borrowed because Disney had not yet cancelled them. So I had to wait for a supervisor, who had no idea why the original CM did not just do it for us originally as they have been cleared to do so. I just need to call back on 6/1 to get 21 one time use points refunded.

Just for grins, I called for the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks a while ago...trying to go ahead and cancel our upcoming 5/27-6/2 trip, using June 2019 points for all but the last night (June 2020 points on those). For the 3rd time in the past two weeks, they told me that I could not cancel them myself, since Disney hasn't "officially" announced a closure for those days. All of my fp's and other reservations have been cancelled by Disney, but I have to wait for Disney to automatically cancel the DVC stay, then wait on Disney to re-issue the points...sometime by June 5th.

3 calls...the same info given to me 3 different times.

Why are some allowed to cancel over the phone right away, and some not?

Just for grins, I called for the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks a while ago...trying to go ahead and cancel our upcoming 5/27-6/2 trip, using June 2019 points for all but the last night (June 2020 points on those). For the 3rd time in the past two weeks, they told me that I could not cancel them myself, since Disney hasn't "officially" announced a closure for those days. All of my fp's and other reservations have been cancelled by Disney, but I have to wait for Disney to automatically cancel the DVC stay, then wait on Disney to re-issue the points...sometime by June 5th.

3 calls...the same info given to me 3 different times.

Why are some allowed to cancel over the phone right away, and some not?

Unfortunately, not all CMs have the exact same understanding and you seem to have gotten more than one who are misinformed,

Happened to me with a transfer and CM said it had to be a 3 way call, So, I just said no, I’ve done it without it in the past and would call back to talk to someone else. Sure enough, called right back, got different CM, and had no problem getting it done,

I’d maybe ask for a supervisor next time you call, or just let it cancel, I do know the late banking has been consistently reported of not being done yet.

so our trip is for June 19-25. With 130 points used from 2019 use year march. Hubby was told that if it was cancelled it'd go back to 2019 points and we'd have til Feb 2021 to use them.... which we would loose them because we wouldn't go until june 2021. Is this accurate? They kind of carried over when we joined dvc... so they are kinda "freebie" points anyways because we joined this past october....but i still don't want to loose out on points because of all this.

Unfortunately, not all CMs have the exact same understanding and you seem to have gotten more than one who are misinformed,

Happened to me with a transfer and CM said it had to be a 3 way call, So, I just said no, I’ve done it without it in the past and would call back to talk to someone else. Sure enough, called right back, got different CM, and had no problem getting it done,

I’d maybe ask for a supervisor next time you call, or just let it cancel, I do know the late banking has been consistently reported of not being done yet.

I decided to try to cancel via chat, and had zero problems doing it. Amazing that so many folks in MS have and give incorrect info.

so our trip is for June 19-25. With 130 points used from 2019 use year march. Hubby was told that if it was cancelled it'd go back to 2019 points and we'd have til Feb 2021 to use them.... which we would loose them because we wouldn't go until june 2021. Is this accurate? They kind of carried over when we joined dvc... so they are kinda "freebie" points anyways because we joined this past october....but i still don't want to loose out on points because of all this.

Yes, this is accurate. They are not allowing an extension of banked points for any UYs, except April and June...since those expired during closing. They were given a 6 month extension.

Since your points don’t expire for such a long time, and the resorts will be open in time for you to use them, I don’t think you will see it,

They haven’t actually made an exception for Aug UY 2018 points that expire July 31st...although if resorts don’t open until July, I have a feeling we will see them get one.

I gotcha! It'll all work out.... Like I said they kind of carried over points from 2019 since we joined Oct 2019....... but still would hate to loose them but if we don't make this june, we'll go next june. I work retail and daughter will be in school (we took her out a week last year and dont want to do that again).... so we're looking at next June as our next trip :). Thanks for the info Sandi!!!!

Glad you git it worked out. It took talking to a supervisor to get our issue solved and quite truthfully she sounded annoyed that the fist CM we talked to did not understand that she could do that. You think they would send out a clear email to inform the CM’s. We needed it done by 3/31 so we could bank our October UY points. Why would I want to go when all my dining and FP’s were cancelled.

Update on my story - originally was told “Borrowed“ points wouldn’t be returned to “borrowed “ year, would need to be used in the Use year original vacation was booked for (2020). 10 days ago we decided to definitely cancel our upcoming Aug trip. When I called had a great member service cast member (Alex) and when I inquired about points being returned to “borrowed” year she said absolutely that’s what would happen in about 2 weeks. I checked every few days and originally it showed the points in the current use year then yesterday they showed in the borrowed use year! No bullying necessary! Couldn’t be happier - except for the fact that we are not going to Disney this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter