Question about Cancelling a Reservation

tgropp

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned for Hawaii next February (5’th - 10’th) and due to the Covid test restriction, we may have to cancel. I used 125 2020 points and 135 2019 points. I read there are implications with your points if they are cancelled with less than 30 days. If I cancel now, what penalties or other issues would I have with the cancelled reservations/points? Thanks

If you cancel the points will just go back to their use year and follow normal use and banking rules. No other penalties will exist other than the time to use the points. I am going to assume the 135 points from 2019 were banked since that is the only way you could use them for a trip in 2021. These banked points would expire at the end of your 2020 use year. You will have to use them or rent them out prior to expiration or they will be lost. As for the 2020 points it depends on the month of use year if you can still bank them or not. You have 8 months to bank. As an example if you have an April use year you can bank until the end of November. If your use year is later you still would have more months to use or bank the 2020 points.

What is your UY? Banked 2019 must be used by end of your 2020 UY

2020 UY points will also expire at the end of your. 2020 UY, unless you are still in your banking window when you cancel.

If you are, you can move them to your 2021 UY. If not, they will expire as MS is not making any exceptions for late banking for trips canceled when resorts have opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter