Question about buying resale.

Dvcluver3978

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow DVC Members!

I'm looking to purchase a DVC resale contract. I've found one (GFV) however I read that as of 2016 if you buy resale you are not entitled to shopping, merchandise discounts, member exclusive events and other perks. I already own direct from Disney (CC) so if I purchase this resale contract and want to do a member exclusive perk do I have to use my direct sale membership instead?

Yes. You'll need your blue card for any discount If you're thinking of Moonlight Magic you should be able to book that if you are staying with your resale points because they even allow cash bookings for that. However, when you go to register you'll have to use your direct membership number.

No, it doesn't matter which membership you used to book the trip. As long as you qualify for diret perks under at least one of your memberships you'll have the blue card which entitles you to the discounts/ lounges etc.

We use the term "grandfathered in" The Copper Creek points you purchased direct can be used for the few benefits that resales are not able to use such as dining/merchandise discounts and future resorts other than the current 14 resorts.

Same UY and deeded same (same exact names) will put the resale add on in your current membership so you will qualify for AP DVC pricing and dining discounts and registering for MM events (as you already do qualify by having the direct points) If you want to use your points for Disney Cruise (or Disney collection, Adventures By Disney and the like), you can only use the direct points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!