question about baking cookies- can someone tell me?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
if I have one pan of cookies in the oven on the lower rack for 350 for 12 minutes....

I have two racks in the oven.

Can I put cookies on the upper rack too? Will they bake the same? or does it have to be on the lower rack?

THANK YOU

You can use both racks...maybe rotate half way...always check early, as some ovens are hotter than others. :stir:

I never bake on both racks. The cookies never come out evenly. I guess if you change them as the person above posted it might work but you would need to leave them in longer not shorter. The cookies on the top will not brown nicely because they do not get the direct heat because of the cookies below them.

I always do it. Maybe that's why I'm not the best baker. They do come out okay though. I just check them earlier than they are suppose to be ready.

I have done this as well, but as a previous poster said, I trade racks part way through. It does work but the cookies always seem to turn out better if you just use one rack.

I also only put in one cookie sheet at a time. Have used 2 in the past and don't care for the results.

Happy Baking!

I personally use the top rack, I leave them in there about 3-4 minutes shorter than the directions say to leave cookies in there because the bottoms get really hard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter