Question about alcohol drink exchange on DDP

madasahatter

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

My family is getting ready for a trip in August and my wife is pregnant. We are on the Disney Dining Plan this trip and she was wondering if she could swap her alcoholic drinks for side dishes instead of for sodas or other non-alcoholic drinks. It seemed like this would be possible from a price standpoint (sides would probably be less expensive than alcoholic drinks) but I wondered if anyone has tried this to know for sure.

Thanks!

It doesn’t work that way

W the dining plan, you are entitled to an entree, beverage and dessert (assuming ts ddp)

Alcohol is not required to be chosen as beverage nor is a food allowed to be substituted for a beverage

The ‘adult’ dining plan is for anyone 10 and over. Anyone under 21 doesn’t get alcohol. Nor do many people over 21

They have some really nice mocktails at a lot of the table service restaurants. I'm not much of a drinker, so I look to see what is available.

That makes sense. I didn't even consider 10 year olds that are considered adults on the dining plan. Thanks for your response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter