question about adding park tickets while at Disney

CaperRD

Earning My Ears
Hello!
Our last full day at WDW is currently not planned. It is Halloween Day, so we decided to stay and enjoy the Halloween activities at our resort. However, if while we are there, we find we missed a lot of one park (for whatever reason) OR my son reallllly wants to visit a certain park again, can I add a park day? Going from a 4 park to 5 park ticket on our account? (We have a package - room at POP, park tickets, MM, MDE, etc.)
I guess what I am asking is... will it cost more if I do it there than if I do it now? It is easy to do it there?
Thank for any info!

Reading your posts this morning it sounds like you have a GREAT trip in the planning for your family!! Couple of thoughts here for you -- do your best not to have every single day planned down to the last minute, it's hard not to want to do everything you've read about, seen pictures of, watched videos of and talked endlessly about BUT your little guy might get overwhelmed and simply want a day at the pool. The entire resort is MASSIVE, there is no way you'll be able to do everything and if you go in with a rigid schedule you're already setting yourself up for some tantrums (and not just from your son!)

To answer your actual question -- so long as you add the extra park day BEFORE you use the 5th day it will only cost the difference between the 5 & 6 day pass and it's super easy to do -- just stop at any guest service location in any of the parks or any ticket booth. But again i caution you to be careful about overdoing it -- you don't want to be the family that comes home needing a vacation from your vacation!!!! I would suggest waiting until you're on-site to make the decision so you can so how everyone is feeling, that way you won't feel you need to use that last day you added on to the tickets.

Have a BLAST

Reading your posts this morning it sounds like you have a GREAT trip in the planning for your family!! Couple of thoughts here for you -- do your best not to have every single day planned down to the last minute, it's hard not to want to do everything you've read about, seen pictures of, watched videos of and talked endlessly about BUT your little guy might get overwhelmed and simply want a day at the pool. The entire resort is MASSIVE, there is no way you'll be able to do everything and if you go in with a rigid schedule you're already setting yourself up for some tantrums (and not just from your son!)

To answer your actual question -- so long as you add the extra park day BEFORE you use the 5th day it will only cost the difference between the 5 & 6 day pass and it's super easy to do -- just stop at any guest service location in any of the parks or any ticket booth. But again i caution you to be careful about overdoing it -- you don't want to be the family that comes home needing a vacation from your vacation!!!! I would suggest waiting until you're on-site to make the decision so you can so how everyone is feeling, that way you won't feel you need to use that last day you added on to the tickets.

Have a BLAST
Thank you Jacqueline! So, to be clear, can I add it as late as the last (4th) park day? We currently have a 4 park day - with the last day being the 30th. The 31st is our last full day with nothing currently planned. So if on the 30th, when we are in the park and decide we want to visit a park on the morning of the 31st, I can find a guest services that day and do it?
Thanks again!

Thank you Jacqueline! So, to be clear, can I add it as late as the last (4th) park day? We currently have a 4 park day - with the last day being the 30th. The 31st is our last full day with nothing currently planned. So if on the 30th, when we are in the park and decide we want to visit a park on the morning of the 31st, I can find a guest services that day and do it?
Thanks again!

I believe what I have been told by CM's at Disney is that you must add another day before you use the last day of your pass. So if the 30th is your last pass day, you would need to add another day before you use your 4th day of your pass on the 30th to enter that park.

I believe what I have been told by CM's at Disney is that you must add another day before you use the last day of your pass. So if the 30th is your last pass day, you would need to add another day before you use your 4th day of your pass on the 30th to enter that park.
Makes sense - thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!