Question about ABD Transfer to San Diego

kemmerlinj2

Mouseketeer
Hello! So my family did the California BSM this past December. We are thinking of doing it next November as part of a bigger trip before a cruise out of San Diego (hoping they'll still do the 14-night Eastbound Panama Canal one). I noticed that the California Short Escape allows you to do transfers to the Port of San Diego. Has anyone ever done this? Also, is there a way the regular BSM trip does this or is it just for the Short Escape? Thanks in advance!

Hello! So my family did the California BSM this past December. We are thinking of doing it next November as part of a bigger trip before a cruise out of San Diego (hoping they'll still do the 14-night Eastbound Panama Canal one). I noticed that the California Short Escape allows you to do transfers to the Port of San Diego. Has anyone ever done this? Also, is there a way the regular BSM trip does this or is it just for the Short Escape? Thanks in advance!
The Short Escapes are built specifically to be able to be added to a cruise if you want. So that's why they do the transfers to the ports where the cruises start. I cannot imagine that they would offer a transfer that far for a regular ABD. But it never hurts to ask!

Sayhello

The Short Escapes are built specifically to be able to be added to a cruise if you want. So that's why they do the transfers to the ports where the cruises start. I cannot imagine that they would offer a transfer that far for a regular ABD. But it never hurts to ask!

Sayhello

Ah that makes sense! I was floored when I saw that the Short Escape offered it. Really takes out a logistical nightmare since it'll be 4 of us with a lot of luggage. I'm just hoping and praying that they do the Panama Cruises in November 2020 with them now testing out new itineraries before the new ships come out! We're from NC so been gravitating more towards Disneyland ever since our first trip out there in December of last year!

Ah that makes sense! I was floored when I saw that the Short Escape offered it. Really takes out a logistical nightmare since it'll be 4 of us with a lot of luggage. I'm just hoping and praying that they do the Panama Cruises in November 2020 with them now testing out new itineraries before the new ships come out! We're from NC so been gravitating more towards Disneyland ever since our first trip out there in December of last year!
I've been doing more Disneyland lately, too, and I'm from Ohio. I haven't been to Walt Disney World in over 6 years, since they started the whole magic band/reserve your Fastpasses months in advance thing. Destroys the very thing I loved about WDW, which is the spontaneity. I really hope they don't start that at Disneyland!

I think it's wonderful they offer the transfers to the cruise!

Sayhello

Having lived in Southern California for many years, I would suggest renting a car and driving from Disneyland to San Diego. It's about a 2 hour drive, mostly on freeways. (Assuming the transfer isn't available through ABD).

I also agree on liking Disneyland more than Disney World. The compactness of it and ability to walk from your resort to the parks makes it so much more relaxing than WDW, IMO.

Having lived in Southern California for many years, I would suggest renting a car and driving from Disneyland to San Diego. It's about a 2 hour drive, mostly on freeways. (Assuming the transfer isn't available through ABD).

I also agree on liking Disneyland more than Disney World. The compactness of it and ability to walk from your resort to the parks makes it so much more relaxing than WDW, IMO.

Well from what it looks like there are only the Short Escapes right before the 14 night cruises that we want to do. But yeah the alternative would be renting a car from Paradise Pier. We are planning right now a 5 night universal, 12 night WDW and 7 night DCL cruise if the Panama Canal cruise doesn't work out. I'd be happy with either option!

We just completed a short escape before our Wonder sailing on March 24th. Out of our group of 35, we were the only family heading to the Wonder after the ABD. I was surprised that so many folks booked the short escapes as stand alone trips. We were driven to the port by private car service which was very nice.

We just completed a short escape before our Wonder sailing on March 24th. Out of our group of 35, we were the only family heading to the Wonder after the ABD. I was surprised that so many folks booked the short escapes as stand alone trips. We were driven to the port by private car service which was very nice.
That actually is surprising because we loved doing the regular ABD back in December. If they offer the Panama Canal one for next year then we are doing whatever ABD they have for the week leading up to it with some pre-nights at Disneyland built in. My mom and I had only done World before and fell in love with Disneyland. Plus the Studio and Imagineering tours are amazing!

That actually is surprising because we loved doing the regular ABD back in December. If they offer the Panama Canal one for next year then we are doing whatever ABD they have for the week leading up to it with some pre-nights at Disneyland built in. My mom and I had only done World before and fell in love with Disneyland. Plus the Studio and Imagineering tours are amazing!

The Studio and Imagineering tours were the highlight for me. My daughters liked the backstage access at the attractions in the parks the most. Overall, We truly enjoyed the short escape it was a great value considering the Disney Exclusive experiences included.

The only problem I'm facing is that it was my stepdad's first trip to anything Disney and we didn't realize his first trip was a VIP type ABD trip till it was too late haha. Now my mom and I are surprising him with our first ever Disney Cruise. He just thinks he's either going to World or back to another ABD. At least with me planning and paying for everything the surprise part isn't that hard lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!