Queen Ursula Ears

Chrismsanders84

Earning My Ears
I am not sure if I have posted in the best section for this but I want to share an experience to stop anyone else having the trouble my wife has experienced.

I would not encourage anyone to use Queen Ursula UK for Ears as my wife ordered a pair in July 16 for our holiday in the September, having paid in July she never received the ears or a reply from her attempts to contact Queen Ursula via her website or etsy to chase them. Eventually my wife got her money back from etsy at the beginning of Jan and Queen Ursula no longer trades there. Its a shame because my wife had her heart set on these ears.

Bumping this because my fiancé had a similar experience, except she was unable to get her money back. Queen Ursula just basically stole $47 from her.

On 10/19/2016 she contacted Queen Ursula to inquire about having custom ears made before our trip to Disney World planned for 12/7/16. Ursula responded that if my fiancé included a note she would be sure to get them finished and shipped in time. My fiancé placed the order under the impression that they would be delivered before our trip. At the time of placing the order, Ursula's website said that once the order was placed, she would contact me shortly to discuss the design.

On 11/9 she had received no messages from Ursula to discuss designs so she messaged her on Twitter. The next day she responded that she had a note of when my fiancé needed the ears and that she would get them out in, "the next week or so." She asked if they had discussed designs yet, which they had not, so she sent my fiancé some examples and they settled on what they wanted.

By 12/7 there had been no more communication from Queen Ursula and we left for our Disney trip without the ears that were promised.

My fiancé still had not received any messages from Queen Ursula by January, so on 1/3/17 she sent her a message via Twitter asking for the status of the ears. Ursula responded apologizing for not having completed them and promised again to have them delivered, "in the next couple of weeks."

On 5/3/17, after still not receiving any messages from Ursula or having any product delivered, my fiancé messaged her with a very polite request for a refund. Up until this point, all of Ursula's correspondence was very genial and never short-winded. However, now having been asked for a refund, she replied only with a curt, "I'll get them to you asap."

My fiancé never heard from her again, nor did she receive the product that she paid for, so on 7/1/17, she messaged Ursula again. Ursula simply replied that they were shipped on 5/8/17. Now, in my opinion, as somebody who does sell things online, if I had a customer whose deadline I had repeatedly missed and had gotten to the point where they asked for a refund, I would absolutely not be sending them any product without telling them the SECOND it was in the mail AND regardless of the shipping they paid for, I would absolutely have it tracked because I would want to make sure nothing came back on me. This was not the case, however. We received no notification that the ears ever shipped. We had to ask for it. So, since she said they were shipped on 5/8, my fiancé asked her to verify the address they were shipped to and to see if she had tracking information.

By 7/5/17 Ursula had not responded, so my fiancé wrote her again. Ursula wrote back that she was in the process of moving so she didn't have access to her files (which, presumably were in her email on her computer and smart phone, so I'm not sure how she didn't have access to them).

On 8/4/17 we still hadn't received a response so we wrote her again asking to verify the address.

On 8/23/17 we still hadn't received a response, so we wrote her again.

On 8/30/17 we still hadn't received a response so my fiancé sent her a public tweet asking for tracking information and to verify the address.

On 8/31 she responded to the tweet stating that my fiancé had to message her through her website (which we had never done before) and blocked her on Twitter. My fiancé sent a message through her site. She responded with a screen shot (so again, not sure why she couldn't access that before) of our address. She then said that since my fiancé didn't pay for tracking there was no tracking information available and according to her site's terms and conditions, she is not responsible for lost ears if you don't pay for tracking.

In my opinion, her terms are null and void since my fiancé entered into the purchase under the agreement that the ears would be delivered by 12/7/16. If she had known that the order wouldn't have been "shipped" for 7 months she wouldn't have bought from Ursula. The ears were not delivered in the negotiated time frame, Ursula broke the terms of the agreement, plain and simple. Unfortunately, she took advantage of my finance's kindness to the point that she missed out on her PayPal protection period and we have no recourse. Ursula essentially stole $47 and is completely unrepentant about it. This is not how you should run a business or treat customers. Period. I don't believe that she ever made the ears at all and is just hiding behind her TOS.

There are a myriad of much better looking ears for sale on Etsy from reliable sellers who deliver on time and as promised. I would advise EVERYBODY looking at Queen Ursula's to go somewhere else.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter