Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning.

Jim saw the foot doctor yesterday and he wants to had a brace to his shoe to help stabilize his ankle. The fight with the shoe people begins again.

Today is my dad's 88th birthday. He has had a rough year but he is still here with us and I am very blessed at my age to still have both of my parents. Saturday we are having a party to celebrate, Dad loves Buffalo and I managed to get some Buffalo cupcake picks for his cake.

Here is a pic of my dad and Mikey last year celebrating together. Even with all he has gone through this year he still looks the same and still has that twinkle in his eye,
PXL_20230423_154636155.jpg

Not much else going on around here. Hope you all have a great day.

My son and my DD recently had colds/sore throats.

Thought it had skipped me but it started 2 days ago and by yesterday morning I was feeling the misery of a sore sore throat.

Called my doc to find out the office was closed for Wednesday afternoon, but got an immediate call back from a staff member saying they were there just not open. She had my Doc call me back a little later and he said, 'I just sent a prescription in for you'. He knows me for 33 years, and knows if I'm calling exactly what will work for me. I dread the idea that he might retire.

Pharmacy notified me by text when my prescription would be ready and there was an option to ask for it earlier. With that checked, I received it 45 minutes later.

Feeling slightly better this morning and getting chicken soup for lunch.

Last night I went from cold to shivering to being too hot. Today that has dissipated, but I'm on a heavy antibiotic. It's one pill per day so by tomorrow I should have some relief. This morning my coffee tasted really weird. But I know if I didn't get at least a small dose of caffeine, I'd suffer. In addition I have to flood myself with water because of the med.

I've been so lucky with almost no little illnesses in the last few years. I might just start wearing a mask again.

Good morning. It was cloudy earlier, but the sun is coming out. I made a small batch of potato salad to have with a burger on the grill tonight. I went out and weeded and mulched the other long flower bed on the side of the front steps, then weeded and mulched the Magnolia. I'm quitting before my back tells me to today, and I'm not going to feel guilty if I don't do anything else outside (or maybe inside) today. I've earned a break.

I may not have the strength or energy I had in my younger days, but I'm not going to stop doing things until I can't do them myself anymore.
Watched Survivor last night, another crazy tribal, and another person who didn't use their head and play their idol.

@tazdev3225 🎂 Happy 88'th birthday to your father!

@Judique Feel better soon!

Have a great Thursday
1714060341984.png

Good Afternoon!

Watched Survivor last night, another crazy tribal, and another person who didn't use their head and play their idol.
Ugh, I was so mad at him!!!!!!

Super nice outside today, low 50's but sunny. Just came in from cleaning up the backyard and I have a short sleeve shirt on and it felt nice out.

Took Mitchell to take his driver's test. He let his license expire so he had to retake the test, thankfully he passed.

Mia is walking! Bailey sent me a video today, they went to the library to get Mia a library card and she was walking around. She liked the hopscotch rug so she kept going back to that.

I had a dr's appointment this morning. I've had more than a few episodes of being dizzy during the day and at night the room just spins. She said I have vertigo, most likely from the cold I had a couple of weeks ago. She said it usually lasts for a couple of weeks but she called in a perscription for me to help me make it through the night.

Watched Survivor last night, not happy with who was voted out. It was his own fault, should have played his idol. Next I watched The Amazing Race, kinda predicted who was going home, they got lost every week. I started off watching the Reds game last night but switched over b/c they were losing, wouldn't you know they came back and won. They're playing an afternoon game now so I'm watching that. I'll catch up on my YouTube videos tonight. Thursday night is a boring night for television for me.

Made myself some pork chops last night. I ate one last night and will have the other tonight. My grill wouldn't light (guess I'm out of propane) so I ended up putting them in the airfryer. They were really good.

Going to wrap it up here, have a great rest of the day.

Feel better Judique!

God Bless your dad, Taz! Wonderful picture.

Feeling frustrated here still waiting to hear back from health care related people. I have reached out to Dr. S's office directly asking them for at home P/T recommendations. I am not finding any via google. The one company I did reach out, after a couple of days told me yesterday to give her another day or two. Either their company has a therapist skilled in podiatry in my area or they don't. I don't understand what is so hard about determining that! God-willing, I simply pray to have a normal and healthy summer. My feet issues have been ongoing now for 8 months:scared1:Enough! I am not intending to complain. I pray I have been of good, faithful spirit and kind witness throughout. God willing I would sure love to be fully recovered. Thank you all always for all your ongoing prayers and love.

The big chunk of the tree is gone. Dave pulled in with his trailer, and no chain saw. He said he was going to roll it onto the trailer. A 3500 lb tree trunk? Good luck. I'll be darned but he did it. He tied straps around it and a chain and kept tightening them and inch by inch it moved, as soon as it was over the tired, he pulled once and it rolled right on. Dave Jr is going to come back with his big chain saw and cut the stump down to the ground as far as it can go. One more thing off the to do list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter