QSDP through Orbitz

Moneypenny

Mouseketeer
I was just able to book a family suite at Art of Animation through Orbitz that had a "half board" "special deal" which includes the QSDP. The special deal details on Orbitz say it's 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks per day, plus a mug. This looks like the regular QSDP to me. I got my Disney confirmation number and added it to MDE and it does show a dining plan. It displays in MDE as:
upload_2017-8-11_9-55-4.png
I know the ANN is the tag for a third party booking, but is this how the QSDP purchased directly from Disney would look? We've had the dining plan before as part of a package booked with Disney, but I never paid attention to how it looked in MDE. I just want to be sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting since I think it's quite unusual to be able to purchase the dining plan through Orbitz.

I was just able to book a family suite at Art of Animation through Orbitz that had a "half board" "special deal" which includes the QSDP. The special deal details on Orbitz say it's 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks per day, plus a mug. This looks like the regular QSDP to me. I got my Disney confirmation number and added it to MDE and it does show a dining plan. It displays in MDE as:
View attachment 260542
I know the ANN is the tag for a third party booking, but is this how the QSDP purchased directly from Disney would look? We've had the dining plan before as part of a package booked with Disney, but I never paid attention to how it looked in MDE. I just want to be sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting since I think it's quite unusual to be able to purchase the dining plan through Orbitz.

Huh! That is new. Wonder what "half board" means? I'll have to look up that one, but it sure looks like you got a full Disney package through a third seller. May we ask how good of a deal it was?

Edited to add: "half board" means breakfast and dinner with lodging, so two QS meals definitely seems legit.

Here's the thread where I saw the deal. Note that this offer is NOT a good deal in every instance - I saw it listed on an All Stars but the nightly fees were $172/night which is not a good deal at all. I do see Orbitz is now sold out at AoA for our dates.

I got an AoA family suite with this dining plan for 11/23/17-11/30/17 for $2622 (using the 15% off code for Orbitz). The room only for those dates on Disney's website is $2722. I have discounted park hoppers from Undercover tourist. There are only three of us so we wouldn't normally consider a family suite, but I feel like this is a good deal for this room so I jumped on it thinking I could always just eat the $25 cancellation fee if something turned out to be fishy.

Here's the thread where I saw the deal. Note that this offer is NOT a good deal in every instance - I saw it listed on an All Stars but the nightly fees were $172/night which is not a good deal at all. I do see Orbitz is now sold out at AoA for our dates.

I got an AoA family suite with this dining plan for 11/23/17-11/30/17 for $2622 (using the 15% off code for Orbitz). The room only for those dates on Disney's website is $2722. I have discounted park hoppers from Undercover tourist. There are only three of us so we wouldn't normally consider a family suite, but I feel like this is a good deal for this room so I jumped on it thinking I could always just eat the $25 cancellation fee if something turned out to be fishy.

Curiouser and curiouser. Your check-in date doesn't even fall within the free dining dates that Disney used AND you didn't have to purchase tickets. That would make me nervous.

Curiouser and curiouser. Your check-in date doesn't even fall within the free dining dates that Disney used AND you didn't have to purchase tickets. That would make me nervous.

Yes, weird, isn't it? But it shows in MDE with the dining, so I think it's real. Here's a screen shot for different dates on Orbitz that aren't sold out yet:
upload_2017-8-11_12-25-40.png

Moral of the story: always shop around for the best rates/package discounts. I can't imagine a room-only discount of more than 15% being available from Disney for a value resort, so you're getting QSDP for three people for about $14.70 per person per night, assuming that such a 15% discount was even available.

Even the biggest detractor of the DDP couldn't argue with getting QSDP at that price!

Moral of the story: always shop around for the best rates/package discounts. I can't imagine a room-only discount of more than 15% being available from Disney for a value resort, so you're getting QSDP for three people for about $14.70 per person per night, assuming that such a 15% discount was even available.

Even the biggest detractor of the DDP couldn't argue with getting QSDP at that price!

Right! We would normally never do the QSDP because it's just cheaper for us to pay OOP for the way we eat, but if you want a family suite anyway, I think this is a great deal.

View attachment 260542
I booked this also. What did you have to do to get it loaded into mde? Once I do that I want to cancel my reservations that I had for POR

I booked this also. What did you have to do to get it loaded into mde? Once I do that I want to cancel my reservations that I had for POR

You have to talk to the Disney Wholesale department. They are the group that handles reservations made through Orbitz, Expedia, etc. I just call the regular Disney number, explain I booked through Orbitz and need to talk to Wholesale, and the CM transfers me. I think there is probably a direct number for Wholesale but I'm not sure what it is. Wholesale will give you your 12 digit Disney confirmation number which you then use to link your reservation in MDE. You may want to wait a day because Orbitz needs to communicate your reservation to Disney first.

Incidentally, I called Wholesale back today just to confirm this is legit, and the CM explained that they very recently started offering dining plans through these other travel agencies, acknowledged they can be confusing because they aren't always worded on these sites the same way Disney words them, but she looked at my reservation and confirmed that I have a family suite at AoA with the QSDP for all members of my party. Yay!!!!

You have to talk to the Disney Wholesale department. They are the group that handles reservations made through Orbitz, Expedia, etc. I just call the regular Disney number, explain I booked through Orbitz and need to talk to Wholesale, and the CM transfers me. I think there is probably a direct number for Wholesale but I'm not sure what it is. Wholesale will give you your 12 digit Disney confirmation number which you then use to link your reservation in MDE. You may want to wait a day because Orbitz needs to communicate your reservation to Disney first.

Incidentally, I called Wholesale back today just to confirm this is legit, and the CM explained that they very recently started offering dining plans through these other travel agencies, acknowledged they can be confusing because they aren't always worded on these sites the same way Disney words them, but she looked at my reservation and confirmed that I have a family suite at AoA with the QSDP for all members of my party. Yay!!!!
Thanks I was able to call them and get it loaded into MDE. I have only ever booked direct with Disney. When I saw the other thread I thought it was too good to be true. But I was able to confirm with them. I got a little mermaid room for 15% off and free dinning it's a win in my book. Cost $200 less than my POR stay was going to and now I have free food. Thanks for the help.

One note: I got the AoA Little Mermaid deal on Orbitz which I'm very pleased with. But you canNOT upgrade this to the DDP or Deluxe, which I'm a bit disappointed about. Disney CMs said they won't modify an Orbitz-booked reservation, so make you're really satisfied with the QSDP before you book. If you are, then it CAN be a great deal (looks like best for AoA).

I am a bit disappointed they won't let me upgrade, though. Here I am, trying to give Disney my money, and they won't take it! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!