Delete Thread

House-made Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Burger
on a Parker House Bun served with choice of Fries or House-made Vinegar Chips
Yum!!! This looks really good. Casey and I love vinegar so we'd be all over those chips.

Despite having a bad breakfast here, I think lunch redeemed the place for us. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back here asap, but I also would consider it as an option in the future. I will say though for anyone thinking of going I wouldn't make a destination out of this. I would go more if you were in the area or staying at the BC/YC and it was the most convenient. This seems like the kind of place that will always have availability even when it's busy which might be useful, and the lounge is cute and might be nice for drinks and apps.
Thanks for the review as I hadn't heard much about Ale and Compass yet. We'll be staying at Beach Club on our next trip so I'm sure we'll be there for at least drinks at some point. We'll definitely skip breakfast though.

rHHPfr9l.jpg

This was definitely our favorite stop of the night, and I may have gone back again for another hot pretzel...
This was my favorite too, though we started in Tommorrowland so this was the last snack we got. I wish they'd had more non-sweet options throughout the park as I was definitely sweeted out by the end of the night.

efuxFW0l.jpg

These cookies however were for just about every kind of allergy out there not just GF, and he said they tasted gross.
Yuck! Disney Fail

uuSYPkMl.jpg

Josh saved a spot, and I ran out with these right before the fireworks. I ate them quickly so I could take over filming the fireworks and because it was so cold out that it was making everything cold :cold: I did like them though, and would grab them again if I needed something quick in the Magic Kingdom. I need to try a regular Disney corn dog one day too!
Oh how I love the corn dog nuggets but its been years since we've had them. Every time I want them the line at Casey's is insane.

Glad to hear that Ale & Compass was better the second time. But it does seem to be a good place to go if you are there not a destination place. The Burger looked good.

Those fries! Yuck-o! nobody likes fondant on a cake?!?!

We saw a bunch of people ask for the rider swap and the CM gave them a lanyard with a white card, similar to the red card. I was surprised that they would do that. I mean, you know some people would want to keep those...

There was a sugar cookie, snickerdoodle, peppermint bark, and ginger molasses. And none of these were good either!
Cookies are my favorite thing ever, what a disappointment! But the pretzel... at least the free food redeemed itself a bit there ;)

I need to try a regular Disney corn dog one day too!
You gotta get the hand-dipped version! I think they just started having those at Sleepy Hallow. The ones at Caseys are just frozen and reheated! But the hand-dipped ones are awesome! That is what they have at Disneyland!

Damn it, now I'm craving a Disney corn dog!

Our first stop was Tortuga Tavern where they had snowman hot pretzels and blue raspberry snow cones:

rHHPfr9l.jpg

Yum!! This definitely looks like a win!

Josh grabbed the apple juice or something drink :rotfl:

:laughing:

These cookies however were for just about every kind of allergy out there not just GF, and he said they tasted gross.

These are gross. For sure. These are what they typically give for dessert at QS if you're both gluten and dairy free, and they're really kind of inedible. I'll throw a packet in my purse just in case I get stuck somewhere and am so hangry that I'm worried I'll start to feel sick, but otherwise they're never worth eating. Actually...they do become slightly more palatable if you use them as a vehicle for copious amounts of ice cream.

There was a sugar cookie, snickerdoodle, peppermint bark, and ginger molasses. And none of these were good either!

Man, how disappointing is this!? It's a Christmas party for crying out loud! There should be at least one delicious Christmas cookie!

I did like them though, and would grab them again if I needed something quick in the Magic Kingdom.

I've heard a lot about the infamous corn dog nuggets, so I'm glad they were a good choice for you.

OK just wanted to say I'm all caught up now! Loved the food reviews as usual. Yak and Yeti looked so good, as was your burger at Ale and Compass.
I can't believe you've never had a corn dog! I think I prefer corn dog nuggets over a regular corn dog just because I like having more of the crispy outside and the nuggets have more of that! The warm pretzel looked pretty cool at MVMCP, I would have liked that over the sweeet cookies. And you're right about Peco's Bill...it's just a regular QS place and it's really dark inside!

Snowman pretzel.....awesome :yay:
Mobile ordering is a great time saver
Never had a corn dog either but we like the nachos at Casey’s

I was trying to remember when I last quoted, and then I was like oh yes, we talked about the rum punch slushy!

So obviously I judge all conversations by the alcohol involved... :drinking1

Our first stop was Tortuga Tavern where they had snowman hot pretzels and blue raspberry snow cones:
Yum. I liked the pretzels :) I'm not a second person, so I skipped that. Zack enjoyed his. That's why we work so well; in Disneyland two years ago when we did a Frozen preshow event, everyone got one glass of wine and snowcones... I got his wine and he finished my snowcone after I had a few bites :rotfl:

There was a sugar cookie, snickerdoodle, peppermint bark, and ginger molasses. And none of these were good either! (I had high hopes for the snickerdoodle).
The cookies were kind of sad. Zack was happy because he's easy to please usually. For me, they were mostly okay, but not any I'd go out of my way for... If I was just sitting around and they were out I'd munch on them, because I have a horrible sweet tooth :rotfl: I saved the sugar cookie, because they were handing out individually wrapped ones as you came into the party, and I was pretty disappointed the next day...

Corn dog nuggets, fries, and cheese sauce:
Corn dog nuggets and cheese sauce is probably the best way to have a corn dog in my opinion. That was my favorite thing about going to A&W... there's not many around anymore :sad1:

I can't believe you've never had a corn dog :) but on the other hand, I went to the fair every year of my life until I was 18, so I had a lot of opportunities... :laughing:

Our Famous Cobb Salad
with Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing
Though I could skip the blue cheese and probably the avocado, I actually liked the dressing on this, which I was not expecting!

It sounds gross to me, but he loves it!
Yes, I don't know about this... :scratchin

I really just got this to round out the trio of new things, but I don't like lemon flavored things much. This didn't have a strong lemon-y taste to it though. It was alright, but it was my least favorite as I expected.
I can't remember if I've said this before... but for the Disneyland 60th pretty much every special dessert was lemon flavored. I was so disappointed! Especially because some didn't say they were lemon in the description, so it was like a sneak attack :scared1: The only one I could have handled was one I didn't even order, a lemon creme brulee - I avoided it because it said lemon, but it was just a hint and actually delicious.

Banana-Toffee Cake
French Macaroon, Banana Fosters, Cocoa Crunch, Banana Mousse, White Chocolate Ring, Heath Bar
I'm sad this wasn't good because it sounds the best to me too!

I'd like to try the lounge in the future, but they didn't have Josh's favorite appetizer on the lounge menu.
I tired to talk Zack into the lounge last month, but it didn't happen. Our Brown Derby experience for Dining with an Imagineer was pretty hit and miss with us... I wish they had given a small menu to choose from instead of a set menu. Zack didn't like the Cobb salad which shocked me, because he's way more of a salad person than me. I don't think he liked the dressing... :confused3 We got two mini desserts with that, one of which was the grapefruit cake... It was... okay... I ate about half, but definitely not something I would pick out on my own! :rotfl2: I like the idea of going for apps and dessert. I might try to do that at one of DLR's signatures.

Beef Carpaccio
Capers, Lemon-Mustard Aïoli, Petite Salad Greens, Caesar Dressing, Toasted French Bread
(minus the toasted french bread)

nfgYJZNl.jpg
What is it like raw beef? If so that is disgusting.

I definitely want to try to have another meal here in the future where we order off the entree menu. I think overall our 2 experiences have been positive here even if there were some things we didn't like each time. I did like going in just to have an appetizer because sometimes we don't need a big meal. I'd like to try the lounge in the future, but they didn't have Josh's favorite appetizer on the lounge menu.
I really like the steak here, but I do want to try the lounge out.

I would say all of the desserts were okay, but none really stand out. I'd be okay skipping dessert in the future. I think by insisting in making the mini desserts so they can do the trio they end up making 6-7 okay desserts instead of 3-4 really good ones. I would advise skipping dessert here, because while we've had good food; the desserts really aren't anything special.
I agree! I wish they had like 2 or 3 full sized deserts.

We had a horrible experience at brown derby a few years back and I don't think I'll ever get Jason back. Though I'm going to keep trying because I'd be all over that salad and carrpacio!

I typically don't order salads when I go out (unless something comes with salad), because I just feel that a normal salad is so easy to make at home and when you go out to eat you should try something you don't get to have often. But the Cobb salad is no normal salad!
It's so funny because when I first read you were craving Cobb Salad and that's why you ended up at BD, I was giving you loads of credit because I would never order a salad out, and then I see you had the same thoughts later, but because the Cobb at BD was so good, you make an exception :laughing: It really DID look amazing, so much so that even I might be inclined to order it should I ever venture to the BD in the future :thumbsup2 And you're right, both shots were equally beautiful.

It sounds gross to me, but he loves it!
I agree! :rotfl:

Sorry to hear the desserts weren't mind blowing - sounds like they would benefit from focusing on fewer desserts and making them better. I LOVE desserts, but even the pictures of those didn't do much for me. Maybe they'll get it right next time ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter