Delete Thread

Ale & Compass (Lunch)
(& a Festival Drink)!

Though we had canceled our Ale & Compass lunch the day before, that night we were talking about where to eat the next day, and I decided to give it another chance. I really wanted to try a burger, and I wanted to try the pudding trio that I mentioned in my PTR.

We were off to a much better start as we were seated right away, and Josh’s allergy was noted.

View attachment 299697
(Josh & his allergy menu)

Josh started with some pressed pot coffee again, and was very disappointed that they pressed his pot this time too.

uK3QMwF.gif

We each got the:

House-made Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Burger
on a Parker House Bun served with choice of Fries or House-made Vinegar Chips

View attachment 299698
(GF burger with fries)

View attachment 299699
(Non GF burger with vinegar chips)

I decided to go with the house-made vinegar chips and Josh got the fries so we could each try them both/make our meals a little different for DTR purposes. (Plus I knew Josh would let me eat his fries too :rotfl:). This was a very good burger, cooked exactly how we asked, a little messy with the bun falling apart, but overall good. The fries were really good, and I liked the chips too.

We had better service this go around, and the only incident was when the waiter broke some glasses at the next table (when he was clearing it off), and was afraid we got hit by some of it; but it was too far away to have hit us.

For dessert Josh got the:

Twelve-Layer Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake and Ganache served with Milk-Coffee Chantilly

View attachment 299706

This was good, but it was very, very rich; and tasted like chocolate mousse. Josh seemed alarmed by the size, and after eating some declared it too rich for his delicate Irish palette again :laughing:.

z0sUhSk.gif

I couldn't help much because I had ordered my own dessert. I of course got the:

Trio of Puddings
Chocolate, Blackberry, and Butterscotch with Mix-ins

View attachment 299700

The mix-ins were shortbread sticks, chocolate sticks, and raspberries. Overall I was surprised to say butterscotch was my favorite flavor. It was the one that had the consistency closest to pudding, and it had a good flavor that wasn't too sweet. The chocolate pudding (which I thought would be my favorite) was more like a mousse in texture and flavor. It tasted a lot like the the cake. And the blackberry wasn't bad, I'm just not as big a fan of fruity mousses/puddings, so I didn't think I'd love it going into dessert anyway. My favorite mix in was actually the short bread sticks, they were a bit delicate and kept breaking off, but they were very good in the pudding.

Despite having a bad breakfast here, I think lunch redeemed the place for us. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back here asap, but I also would consider it as an option in the future. I will say though for anyone thinking of going I wouldn't make a destination out of this. I would go more if you were in the area or staying at the BC/YC and it was the most convenient. This seems like the kind of place that will always have availability even when it's busy which might be useful, and the lounge is cute and might be nice for drinks and apps.

I do think though some of the items that make the menu sound unique, aren't really that unique. The french toast I had sounded unlike any other french toast dish on property, but it really just tasted like your average french toast, "plant based" meals are just vegetarian meals, and the desserts sound interesting but I wouldn't order either one we had again. I enjoyed my burger, and overall think lunch was a success, but I was a bit disappointed in the pudding trio because I had some high expectations for that. If you are looking for something that tastes like pudding, this dish really isn't it; its definitely an interesting option, but I would call it more of a mousse trio.

Also a bit of pixie dust happened in the restaurant! :tinker:

A lady came over to us and said she was leaving that day and did we want 1 anytime FP, and 1 rider swap pass for Soarin’. We had actually just missed our FP for Soarin’ so it worked out perfectly! (We ended up using the anytime FP to ride TSMM the next day since it was our last day at Disney).

View attachment 299701

I also saw these on the mobile ordering app as a holiday snack:

View attachment 299702

k0tVlai.gif

My one question when I saw this was: Why Disney? :crazy2:

And finally on the way into Epcot that day I sampled a drink from the Festival of the Holidays booth Alsace.

I got the:

Spiced Rum Punch Slush: Spiced Rum, Rhum Clement V.S.O.P., Orange and Pineapple Juice with Cinnamon

View attachment 299703

This wasn't bad, but I definitely prefer the La Vie En Rose from F&G, and the La Passion Martini Slush from F&W. I will say I do prefer mixed drinks with vodka and tequila in them (though I like rum too) which may be why.

View attachment 299704

View attachment 299705

Also I've mostly ended up rolling the food reviews into the daily vlogs because it's not enough footage to do a separate vlog. But I do have an Ale & Compass review vlog for both breakfast and lunch coming up in the next few days!

Food Budget-1250
Estimated Cost-Le Cellier-150
Money Spent-Ale & Compass-58,
Festival of the Holidays Booth-11
Saved-81
Leftover-586
I've never heard of Ale & Compass - where is it located?

Another awesome dining report Raeven. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to read about the next one!

I have read all of your TRs but tend to skip dining reports (nothing against them I just used to be picky and pretty much knew what I liked) I have commented here and there but tend to just lurk. Just wanted to let you know I’m going to be studying your dining reports now that I’ve gone gluten free several months ago. Honestly I think the only thing I’m really going to miss is Rice Krispie treats (I think I read they aren’t gf)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter