Q's about Seaworld

oztodlo06

Earning My Ears
Hi, we're coming over from Australia and spending a couple of days at Seaworld. I'm trying to work out whether or not to do the Behind the Scenes Tour and the Animal Spotlight Tour. Are they worth it? I've got a 8yo who's desperate to feed dolphins and I'm assuming that the Animal Spotlight tour is the only way that we can do that?

Any suggestions? Anything that is worth doing? We wanted to do the Breakfast with Shamu but it's not on the days that we are there...sigh!

Thanks heaps!

Sara

Anyone can fee the dolphins, so long as you're willing to fork over the money for a tray of fish. You don't have to take any of the tours or special programs to do so.

I just wanted to say welcome to the Dis boards oztodlo06 This is a best place online to prepare for your trip. (other boards what other boards) I wish I had an answer for you but we're going on our fisrt trip to Seaworld in May. (that's why I was sneaking a peak at your question) Maybe try searching the boards?

iceskatejen is correct, anyone can feed the dolphins.
There is a little booth/hut set up by the dolphins that sells trays of fish (I can't remember the exact price, but I think it's about $5-8 per tray and each tray usually has about 4-6 fish in it). They only sell them a few times a day though (so that there isn't overfeeding) and there are seagulls who are pretty crazy and will try and steal the fish from you, so be careful! ;)

Also, they might not have Breakfast with Shamu the day you are there, but they should still have "Dine With Shamu" which I believe is lunch. There is more info on the Sea World website (under food/dining).

Have fun! :)

I went on a behind the scenes tour with my DD4 and DD8 in June only because my in-laws had bought us the tix with tour included. I would have been disappointed if I had paid for it. We did get to touch some baby sharks (less than 12 inches long) but overall my kids were bored (I was a little bored myself).
I did not buy fish to feed the dolphins but there are so many dolphins I could just reach in and pet them. That was actually a highlight of my trip.

The fish to feed the dolphins is $5 for about 4 fish. Is it worth it? You betcha! That was my highlight. You can also feed the seals and stingrays. I started at the Dolphins and it seemed that as we move along the park they were at the next station...

There are limited number of fish trays available to you must get them quick...and protect them very carefully from the seaguls. I thought I was doing a great job but one seagull actualy pounced on my head and got my fish! bugger!

If your kids like dolphins pay the money to do the dolphin adventure. They will get a wetsuit and go into the water with them. I didn't do it this time around but it looked like so much fun and well worth the money!

As other posters have mentioned you can buy the fish trays for about $5 for 4 small SMALL fish. There is a limited supply so check for feeding times. Also, be aware that if it is busy around the dolphin pool they encourage you to feed the dolphins quickly and to move along and make room for more people.

We did the $40 dolphin encounter. For about 20 minutes they clear the area around the dolphin pool so no more $5 trays and people pushing to get to the dolphins. There were 4 people in our group. We got to feed the dolphins, touch the dolphins and give them commands. We probably fed them 8x what we would have got in 1 $5 tray anyway. Was it worth it, in my mind FOR SURE!

Well, enough has been said about feeding the dolphins, but I will say when we went my 2 kids, 8 & 9 yrs old, did the swim with the dolphins. It was the highlight of their entire trip and I would highly recommend it. It was well worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter