Q. For pervious DCL cruisers

Mmketeer

<font color=blue>DIS Cast Member- no really, but n
Hi all,

Has anyone not given a credit card at check-in for charging priv.'s on the ship? I have always done it that way in the past, but I just got back and my credit cards seem to be full and I am leaving again in 18 days. So, I was wondering if anyone here has sailed before with DCL and has paid by using Guest Services instead of using a credit card and how that works? Is it a hassel to give them a check for expenses etc.?

Thanks...Mmketeer 'wonder' Jan.20th

My husband and I don't believe in using credit cards. We gave a cash deposit at the beginning - $500. Every couple of days we would go the the desk (we stopped by late in the evening so we had no wait) and we were given a printout of our expenses and at the end when necessary wrote a check for the balance. The ladies and gentlemen behind the desk were more than helpful. It was never a bother.

Have a good trip!

:bounce:

We don't believe in credit cards either. We just indicated on our registration form that we would be paying cash at the end of the cruise, and there were no further questions. We weren't asked for any kind of a deposit or prepayment.

I paid the balance in cash on the morning of debarkation.

Beth

I wrote a check the day of debarkation. No real line.

That's good to know. We are also paying cash and Disney Dollars (got a bunch for christmas presents from MIL). I thought you had to pay up the night before debarkation, but they give you to the AM?

If planning to pay by cash, I think that I would put a good amount up front - I would surely hate for something to happen to my money in the mean time. This way you know where you cash is.

We were on the 12-8 Magic and we also paid in cash. Just remember, if your account reaches to where you owe $400, then your charging privileges will be suspended until you pay it down. So I just stopped by Guest Services on Deck 3 every day or so and got a printout of our charges, paying on it occasionally also. This also gives you the opportunity to keep your spending in line with your budget, and to question any charges you may think are incorrect. The statement is broken down by each individual in your sailing party who has charging privileges and allows each person to watch their own spending, also. This was especially helpful for personal expenses for DW and DD that didn't belong in the family budget.

However, on the final night of the cruise I wrote a check for the balance and switched my account over to my credit card for express checkout, just in case we spent another few dollars before disembarking. Remember, the line at Guest Services starts to get long the final evening and can be very long on disembarkation morning. You'll get a thorough printout of all charging activity on all the KTW cards in your party on the final evening.

:)

We brought $1200 in traveler's checks for our cruise in June..I stopped by Guest Services every other day and paid off the balance. It was no problem (other than having to sign the back of all the travler's checks), but it is a good way to budget your $$ without using a credit card. I would recommend not bring alot of cash itself on board...that would just make me nervous..run to your bank the day before and stock up there on traveler's....by the way...family of 4 on the 7 day...I didn't use all my $1200 either.....wooo!!

Hi all,

LOL! I knew their had to be a few cruisers out there that had done this before. Thank you everyone for your posts...I definitly have a good understanding about the process and I will definitly be taking advantage of this when I go. Thank ya'll for explaining how it works and giving me your expriences with the process. I am less worried now about how I am gonna pay for this trip!:)

Mmketeer 'Wonder' Jan.20th/2002

When we went on our last cruise we gave them a credit card when we checked in and then paid what the balance was with cash. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter